hf1

Bumbles on newborns?

My avatar
quorlia
Clothie
Clothie

Bumbles on newborns?

Postby quorlia » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:02 pm

I'd like to use cloth nappies and after many hours agonising have spotted this set:

http://www.lizziesrealnappies.co.uk/index.cfm/advice/Products.Details/product_id/375/subject/easy_peasy_bumble_starter_kit

It consists of:
* 16 x Easy Peasy Bumbles
* 4 x small airflow wraps
* 1 x Nappi Nippas (pack of 3)
* 1 x flushable liners (pack of 200)
* 1 x mesh bag
* 1 x wet bag
* 1 x tea tree oil (25ml)
* 1 x 14 litre bucket
* 1 x washable wipes (pack of 12)

Sounds to me like everything I need to get started and for a reasonable price - £187

In the long term I'm not intending to use flushable wipes, part of using reusable nappies for me is not having to keep buying stuff!

What do you old hands think? Any problems with Bumbles on newborns? I've heard they can be bulky but my 4yo was big (9lb 10oz) and long (59cm) although obviously I don't know what his new brother/sister is going to be like.....

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Bumbles on newborns?

Postby Louise » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:01 pm

Personally I found them far too bulky on a newborn. If I had to choose a nappy pack I think I'd go for one of the Little Lamb kits, although I wouldn't really recommend buying a full set of any particular nappy until you are sure they suit your LO. I'd get a few different types and then once baby arrives you can decide which works best for you, sell the ones that don't suit and buy more of the ones that do.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:24 am

Bumbles are really bulky as louise said.i tried out loads of different types of nappy.little lambs in bamboo were best for us.you could buy a few different preloved ones on here before spending a lot on on new nappies!i lot of people buy a birth to potty pack and end up not using them.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
quorlia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby quorlia » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:19 pm

So are two-sized nappies better then? I have a friend who's been getting on fine with Motherease one size nappies but I like the idea of using a nappy nippa to get the fit just right.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat