hf1

Hollow Oak?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Hollow Oak?

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:26 pm

I have a HO SS pocket (medium) which is the best fitting pocket for Charlotte i think. wide enough but not too wide in the gusset, perfect rise, lots of stuffing space, and is tight enough around the legs (in fact the cut its quite low, think granny pants!)
Question is, are HO still out there and taking orders? And if not, are there any other pockets which are the same sort of cut?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: Hollow Oak?

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:42 pm

Emma is still making nappies, but is currently closed to custom orders as she's got a long order list and is preparing for BBM. I think I was one of the last to get onto her current customs list, actually. I think that HO pockets are very thin on the ground, so I don't think many will have seen them and be able to help with what's similar.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:47 pm

As you were told when you asked before the HO pocket was a one off and made for the nappy fairy earlier on this year. Emma usually makes fitteds, clothing and interlock woollies. You could always ask for a custom when she reopens again after BBM. :wink: As it is a one-off I don't think any of us could really help advise on a similar cut nappy either, sorry.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:24 pm

Louise wrote:As you were told when you asked before.....

Sorry, my memory isnt very good and hadnt realised i'd asked before :oops:
Thanks anyway :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:25 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:
Louise wrote:As you were told when you asked before.....

Sorry, my memory isnt very good and hadnt realised i'd asked before :oops:
Thanks anyway :-?

:giggle: No need to apologise. Know what you mean about the memory, mine can be awful at times :giggle:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Have you tried a low or standard rise large WN pocket? I know some people like the large with a 17" rise better than the medium because there's more room for stuffing.

I'm also a big fan of Preston's Pants. I'm sure I saw some mediums for sale somewhere, not sure if they're still available but I'll see if I can track them down for you. :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:52 pm

rhead wrote:Have you tried a low or standard rise large WN pocket? I know some people like the large with a 17" rise better than the medium because there's more room for stuffing.

I'm also a big fan of Preston's Pants. I'm sure I saw some mediums for sale somewhere, not sure if they're still available but I'll see if I can track them down for you. :wink:

I definitely prefer my L standard rise WN pockets. Katie fits in M, L with high rise and L with standard rise and the L with standard rise fit perfectly.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:42 pm

I have got a few large standard rise WN on order, I saw one at our meet and they will be perfect on the other hand I bough a gorgeous large standard rise UD from classifieds and it is huuuge, think I will have to sell it on but will be gutted as it is gorgeous :cry:
HO fitteds are fantastic you should try then if you get a chance. x

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:03 pm

oooh right, i havent tried a WN large, just assumed they'd be too big, as charlies on the tightest snaps in the mediums anyway. i do find them too slim to accomodate enough stuffing for her power-bladder - so is the large wider in the gusset then?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat