hf1

Getting bored :(

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Getting bored :(

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 am

Why is it that none of my nappies are selling, even though everyone elses get snapped up? (the same friggin nappies! and mine arent even overpriced!)
Im also getting bored of all the extra washing, and trying to find the 'right' nappy.

Not sure im cut out for this reusable thing any more :-?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Getting bored :(

Postby Mareth » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:32 am

I go through phases like that, I have too much washing to do as is never mind with all the nappies too. Occasionally I just take a break and use dispo's (even just for one day) so that I can get other stuff done and just have a breather.

Last time I did it was after we had been on holiday to a hotel and I'd been using dispo's there. It was easy just to finish the packet of sposies :oops: and then get back into cloth.

Maybe a break is all you need. No one ever said cloth had to be all or nothing :) :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:35 am

Stuff just isnt' selling right now - even my Holdens Landing isn't selling :shock:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:57 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Stuff just isnt' selling right now - even my Holdens Landing isn't selling :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

its mad, i buy a nappy one week, for £20, then cant give it away for £15 two weeks later! :roll:

yeah i think maybe i do need a break....seem to be spending a lot but getting nothing back atm :( :cry:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:22 am

What stuff have you tried?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:26 am

I know the feeling well, stuff is taking a while to sell on classifieds, i guess people are just being so careful with their money atm and becuase there is so much listed it can feel like yours is sitting there whilst everyone elses sells...give it time :hug:

Im down to 2 types of daytime nappies (puddlekins and goodmama) and 1 type of night nappies (bedbugs) and i refuse to buy different types now...just becuase im done with buying, hating, being dissapointed, selling and loosing money all the time...im sticking what what works for now!!

:hug: Hope your stuff sells soon and you find the love again!!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:27 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Stuff just isnt' selling right now - even my Holdens Landing isn't selling :shock:

wss, nothing is selling at the moment :(

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:42 am

scrunchkins wrote:

wss, nothing is selling at the moment :(

I've been getting offers but at the low end, and some are so low that by the time the postage and fees has been covered its hardly worth it at all I might as well cut them up for wipes and boosters :shock:
I don't buy lots of different nappies myself now anyway, we've a few we really like that are our core stash and one type of night nappy.

Last year I had a couple of bad weeks and although I kept washing the nappies I stopped doing all the other washing (we'd had visitors staying and it had all gone crazy) dropped off bags and bags and bags :shock: of it at the launderette and it was back dried and fluffy by 5pm the same day I could have cried it was such a relief.

If its getting you down give yourself a break (or a part break) :hug:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:44 am

megansmummy wrote:I know the feeling well, stuff is taking a while to sell on classifieds, i guess people are just being so careful with their money atm and becuase there is so much listed it can feel like yours is sitting there whilst everyone elses sells...give it time :hug:

Im down to 2 types of daytime nappies (puddlekins and goodmama) and 1 type of night nappies (bedbugs) and i refuse to buy different types now...just becuase im done with buying, hating, being dissapointed, selling and loosing money all the time...im sticking what what works for now!!

:hug: Hope your stuff sells soon and you find the love again!!

I wish I could be so strong-willed :oops: I have more than enough napipes at the moment but keep being compelled to buy more. I knid of want one of everything, I do like the GM's though.

Sarah - sorry your stuff isn't selling, I would have had your WNSS but I'm focusing on fitted at the moment. I think it depends on who is logging on regularly and how old/ what gender their LO's are, I'm pointing out the obvious aren't I :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat