My avatar
clothpixie
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Getting bored :(

Postby clothpixie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:52 pm

:hug: Sarah
I agree that classifieds are slow atm.
My only 2 sales have been baby items not nappies!(Am so grateful they sold to lovely ladies :wink: )
I'm thinking of pulling the nappies etc because I have reduced so much to the point that I know it's a bargain
but get such low offers.
I have been using cloth since August and there are days like today when the washing overwhelms me too.
I think megansmummy hit the nail on the head for me anyway, I need to find my faves and stick with them!
They change all the time and it does get costly.
Hopefully things will pick up and you will be back to fluffy heaven mode soon :wink:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:04 am

clothpixie wrote:I'm thinking of pulling the nappies etc because I have reduced so much to the point that I know it's a bargain
but get such low offers.

I couldnt agree more, especially when you see new classifieds come up for the same nappies that your selling blatently under cutting your price...

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:37 pm

i hope i helped :wink: i have a few things on classified that have been up for weeks! so its not just you :hug: me personally i just cant warrant spending £20 on one nappy even Brand new but thats just me im a tight ass. :hohoho:

Washing grrr tell me about it its all i do all day and every day, i have just spent my entire "holiday" hand washing yes you read it hand washing nappies! what was i thinking?

I still havent found the perfect nappy but it really is trrial and error, i have my faves but pockets are harder to figure out IMO so i can rely mostly on fitteds.

:hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Don't forget to keep bumping your posts up so people can see them, I know I don't go trawlling through the classifieds past page 1 to look :oops:
I had a load of baby stuff for sale that didn't shift, yesterday I said I would take any offer and I then got what I think was a very good offer for a load of things that I was other wise going to get rid off at the weekend. x

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:00 pm

I think the whole site is a little slow at the moment. Don't despair, fluffycabbage, just give yourself a break for a while. I used disposables for 10 days on holiday and I was really glad to get back to my fluffy stash. Sposies are slimmer and you don't have to change them so frequently, but they smell of stale crisps and it's a hassle having smelly bags of poo hanging around - and they're just nowhere near as cute! Take some time out and you may find you get into it again. But if you don't - well, using 'sposies isn't exactly the crime of the century! :wink:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:11 pm

It just seems to be pot luck about who is visiting and looking for stuff. I had stuff listed for weeks and then suddenly most of it went, about half of it to one buyer. Just keep going and someone will buy eventually. I agree that second hand prices do seem to have dropped recently, but I think new nappy prices are also going down in many cases.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat