hf1

Radiator drying

My avatar
kathmac
Clothie
Clothie

Radiator drying

Postby kathmac » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:48 pm

I should probably already know the answer to this, but is it ok to put pocket nappies over the radiator with the fleece part on the radiator?

I have been drying them in the tumble dryer on low for a short time, but this seems quite daft when the radiators are on.

Thanks for the advice

Kathryn

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:12 pm

Hi Kathryn, yep that's fine, I try and dry mine on the rads as much as poss now they're on so much!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:39 pm

I find if I hang them on a smalls dryer (bought mine at the pound shop!) they dry in about 1/2 a day (esp with the heating on!)...

Personally I wouldn't radiator dry as I wouldn't want to risk the PUL but if they're not on there for long it's probably okay...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:04 am

I personally wouldn't put any nappies directly on the radiator. I would just be worried about it ruining the pul or the elastic. It might be totally fine but I wouldn't want to risk ruining them.

I have some of those radiator hanging things that I use and I also have a clothes horse which I put in front of the radiators and at the moment with the heating on in the evening all of my nappies - even the hemp - are drying really quickly.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:57 am

Velvetsteph wrote:I find if I hang them on a smalls dryer (bought mine at the pound shop!) they dry in about 1/2 a day (esp with the heating on!)...

I've been trying to find one of those to hang in my airing cupboard for flipping ages!! I used to have one years ago. Is it like a hanger with a circle and loads of pegs on?

I neeeeeeeeed one but we don't have a poundland booo

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:02 am

I got mine from Lakeland. Bit more expensive than Poundland but I think they are a bit sturdier. They are square too not round :D

You can order them here *http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!20789

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:32 am

Charliemum wrote:I got mine from Lakeland. Bit more expensive than Poundland but I think they are a bit sturdier. They are square too not round :D

You can order them here *http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!20789

Thanks hun, just found one on ebay fro £2.50 + £1.99 delivery! I'm loving ebay at the moment :lol: :lol:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:49 am

Smartypants :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:54 am

Has anyone tried the electric dryer's. Are they any good.
xxxxx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat