hf1

Cold Middle!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Cold Middle!!

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:40 pm

We have laminate flooring and Grace is happiest on the floor at the moment - I can't put a mat down really as we'd have to get a HUGE one and they cost lots of pennies...

She is currently rolling around in longies with a long sleeved top and a fleece hoodie on but she ends up with a cold belly when they ride up...

Any suggestions?

She doesn't seem too bothered by this... :?

Perahps get vests and tuck them in - afterall I tend to change more often when she is in wool compared with pockets (dunno why!!)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Cold Middle!!

Postby megansmummy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:42 pm

Steph we are having the exact the same problem...I even thought about sewing (yeah right...i cant sew) little ties around the botton of his popperless vesties that I could tie onto the cord of his longies so that it doesnt ride up :oops:

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Some way to attatch her top over the waist of her longies, poppers???

Dungarees? Oh woollie dungies :mrgreen:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 pm

woollie dungarees or just very big vests that popper over the longies but without pressing on them too much?

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Ok crazy idea here but... when I'm :bf: in cold weather I use a belly/bump band that I used when I was PG to cover up my belly and keep it warm. Would it be possible to make a similar thing for a baby that goes from over the belly down to below the bottom of the t-shirt - so the t-shirt rides up and the belly warmer stays put. Does that make sense? I've been contemplating the same problem with Lily - how to keep her tummy warm without using poppered vests and covering up her yummy embroidered pockets and wraps.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:22 pm

queen bee wrote:Ok crazy idea here but... when I'm :bf: in cold weather I use a belly/bump band that I used when I was PG to cover up my belly and keep it warm. Would it be possible to make a similar thing for a baby that goes from over the belly down to below the bottom of the t-shirt - so the t-shirt rides up and the belly warmer stays put. Does that make sense? I've been contemplating the same problem with Lily - how to keep her tummy warm without using poppered vests and covering up her yummy embroidered pockets and wraps.

That sounds like a great idea to me!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:24 pm

I was thinking of something bump band-ish...

Wool dungies sound a great idea too - Hmmm well I've almost finished this cardigan and I was going to attempt a skirtie with leggings next... Perhaps they'll become a pinny with leggings instead :hohoho:

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:36 pm

rhead wrote:
queen bee wrote:Ok crazy idea here but... when I'm :bf: in cold weather I use a belly/bump band that I used when I was PG to cover up my belly and keep it warm. Would it be possible to make a similar thing for a baby that goes from over the belly down to below the bottom of the t-shirt - so the t-shirt rides up and the belly warmer stays put. Does that make sense? I've been contemplating the same problem with Lily - how to keep her tummy warm without using poppered vests and covering up her yummy embroidered pockets and wraps.

That sounds like a great idea to me!

Velvetsteph wrote:I was thinking of something bump band-ish...

Glad you didn't think I was completely crazy. :hohoho: I may have to get my sewing machine out and see if I can whizz up a belly warmer for Lily. I'll let you know how I get on. :wink:
Kelly

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:51 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Perhaps they'll become a pinny with leggings instead :hohoho:

They sound cool :mrgreen:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat