hf1

newborn nappy

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

newborn nappy

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:01 pm

My sister is 20ish weeks now and found out she's having a boy.

She's been querying me about nappies so I though sod it, I'll buy a nice new fluffy tiny nappy for her!

What's the cutest most effective for convincing her DH that cloth is they way forward???

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:06 pm

Weenotions do newborn nappies and wraps :D 8)

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:26 pm

Just to look at, probably a weenywonder by weenotions (but their fleece is really bobbly the cutest one I have is hemp and cotton velour) or a little Kiwi Baby bamboo quickflip in mini, the nicest bamboo I have felt anywhere. Having said that xs Fuzzi's are quite deliciously cute. None of these would fit a baby for long though, if they are in the 7-8lb range at birth they really are tiny! Pocket nappies seem to convince people who are skeptics, how about a BG?

Rumour has it the swaddlebees newborn OV are yummy, not set eyes on one, you;ve reminded me I should see if anyone has one to sell actually :D

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:40 pm

clothpenguin wrote:Rumour has it the swaddlebees newborn OV are yummy, not set eyes on one, you;ve reminded me I should see if anyone has one to sell actually :D

Swaddlebees OV newborn are so cute. I bought one before Zac was born. He was 8lb 13oz though and it didn't even fit him at birth. I was sooooo disappointed. :cry: They'd probably be a lovely fit on teeny twins though. :D

I think my best newborn nappy for Zac was my size 0 Bambeasies they were so lovely. They didn't fit for long though.

I agree that a pocket is probably the thing to convince a sceptical DH. A small baby blue minkee weenotions pocket is what I'd get. :D

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:12 pm

cute isn't always effective!!

I for example don't much care for pockets on newborns due the the lack of containment :shock: but an xs fuzzi or a newborn wee notions pocket would look uber cute :wink:

however a tots bamboozle or a motherease sandy with a motherease rikki wrap have in my experience (especially the sandy!) proven to be bomb proof but not as cute to look at compared to a pocket!

can be a bit tricky trying to 'convert' because the most reliable are usually bulkier than sposie users are used to seeing, but the more sposie like a nappy is the less reliable so they then get disheartened due to leaks etc :shock:

saying all that... I would probably go for an xs fuzzi initially but explain re the contanment being similarish to your average sposie!

jan x

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:36 pm

Nappyjan wrote:
saying all that... I would probably go for an xs fuzzi initially but explain re the contanment being similarish to your average sposie!

jan x

I'd go for the XS Fuzzi - and I never had a problem with containment!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:42 pm

skaheadpunk wrote:
Nappyjan wrote:

jan x

I'd go for the XS Fuzzi - and I never had a problem with containment!

Erin always pooed all up her back in sposies! :shock:

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:48 pm

Any of you used a diddy diaper?

*http://www.babykind.co.uk/diddydiapersorder.htm

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:52 pm

HannahBanana wrote:Any of you used a diddy diaper?

*http://www.babykind.co.uk/diddydiapersorder.htm

Yes. we had 5 cotton diddys and they were one of my fav newborn nappies. They fitted really well from birth but were not outgrown too fast but quite slim fitting. Good value too.
They don't have much of a cute factor though. :?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat