hf1

newborn nappy

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:50 am

I think the Swaddlebees OV newborn is always the one that gets the ooohhhs and ahhhhs at demos I do, although not the most practical nappy as it probably won't last an average baby 5 minutes. Bimbles are cute as are the Diddy Diapers - the DDs will last longer than Bimbles as they are slilghtly bigger.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:56 pm

hello again!

the newborn swaddlebees are super cute and soft! although size small probably more practical as will last a little longer.

Bimbles were the only nappies that didn't swamp the girls when they were born but they had grown out of them by around 10 weeks, diddy diapers lasted a little longer up to around 12ish weeks (I quite liked these but don;t much care for nippa nappies so soon lost patience with them :roll: ), xs sandys a little longer again, maybe 16 weeks ish!!

Jan x

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:39 pm

How big were your girls when they were born? and how many weeks were they born at? I have one diddy daiper and it seems HUGE!

CP + Beans

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:43 pm

Hannah only just seen this - NO I will NOT buy another wrap - haven't even looked at them :shock:

I don't rate diddys much I have to say, but would go with the size 0 bimble (they come in colours I think :wink: ) with poppers with a velcro wrap,

or a swaddlebees ov onesize as they are so lovely and cuddly and fitted Ben a week or 2 before the other onesize nappies, therefore from 7 and about half pounds. and if they don't use cloth from day 1 this one will still fit for ages and ages and ages!

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Incidently I have no wraps with umbilical dips, does this matter? I know that its important for wound healing to have exposure to air and am not particuarlyjkeen on the idea of festering umbilical stumps underneath PUL wraps. Does anyone who has used cloth from the beggining have a view on the neccessity of umbilical dips?. My smallest wraps are 6 newborn prowraps bought second hand, I am hoping they will be ok if not we will be forced to use despicables unless I make a rapid plan!

CP + Beans

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:06 pm

clothpenguin wrote:Incidently I have no wraps with umbilical dips, does this matter? I know that its important for wound healing to have exposure to air and am not particuarlyjkeen on the idea of festering umbilical stumps underneath PUL wraps. Does anyone who has used cloth from the beggining have a view on the neccessity of umbilical dips?. My smallest wraps are 6 newborn prowraps bought second hand, I am hoping they will be ok if not we will be forced to use despicables unless I make a rapid plan!

CP + Beans

CP, my tiny Prowrap I had had the umbilical dip - do yours not?? I didn't love it as much as my Rikki wraps so didn't use it much and Rikkis don't have the dip. Please don't forget that PUL breathes a bit where dispos don't at all, so no need at all to use dispos, I only did in hospital and was out day 4 and had no cord probs (in fact his cord healed much quicker than ds1's and he was in dispos!)

Off to put up the Newborn Review section! Sorry, forgot about it :oops: :oops:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:16 pm

clothpenguin wrote:How big were your girls when they were born? and how many weeks were they born at? I have one diddy daiper and it seems HUGE!

CP + Beans

what size diddy diaper do you have? they are quite big around the waist from tab end to tab end as they wrap around!

my girls were 5lb 7 and 6lb 5 at birth (38 1/2 weeks!) and the diddys were huge to start but they were soon grown into!

they were outgrown in rise (I like a high rise nappy) whilst the waist tabs still wrapped round them! and also not fantastically absorbant in comparison to some nappies!

re wraps, I had no wraps with the dip at the front and we had no problems at all either!

jan x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:46 am

We used cloth before the cord fell off and didn't think twice about it - didn't even know they came with the cord dip. We used ME Rikkis and they came up over the stump and didn't cause any problems. Will do the same this time too.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:40 pm

Thanks ladies, was getting wrap anxiety there... nice to know umbilical sips are not neccessary. I don't think the prowraps have an umbilical dip but they do say 6-10lb on them so they must be newborn, hmm, mysterious!

Incidently the diddy daiper is a size one, I guess it just looks huge compared with some of the tiny ones I have, it has got nice long tabs (so much longer than the bimbles for example) but it would be bulky between the legs for a teeny pickle. Can't wait to see :D

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat