how do wahms do it?!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

how do wahms do it?!

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:26 pm

Put up with the MESS I mean!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I've been making Isabelle a towelling robe and oh my GOODNESS me there is BITS everywhere!!!

I think I might have to wash it before she wears it otherwise she'll be dry but covered in fluff!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Oooooh and it's a PITA to sew too...

Thankfully thus far my sewing machine has not given up even when sewing through six layers of cotton towelling (it is thin cheap stuff tho')

Almost finished now - just need to edge the collar and put a pocket on hopefully then I'm all done! :wine:

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: how do wahms do it?!

Postby bedheaduk » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:32 pm

I cope by keeping the door to my sewing room firmly closed!! It is a sea of dark fluff in there from the cord, but it does stay pretty contained.
I would definitely wash it, I made one for my nephew once and he ended up covered in fluff :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:33 pm

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:40 pm

bedheaduk wrote:I cope by keeping the door to my sewing room firmly closed!! It is a sea of dark fluff in there from the cord, but it does stay pretty contained.
I would definitely wash it, I made one for my nephew once and he ended up covered in fluff :giggle:

awwww barney it a cute name xxx sorry totally off topic :hohoho:

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby bedheaduk » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Thank you! His real name is Barnaby, but we only use that when he is really, really bad, so about 10 times a day :hohoho:

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:20 pm

:giggle: Minkee is the worst - you get bits everywhere! you should see my conservatory (sewing room) at he mo. :oops:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:01 pm

I hate my sewing machine for exactly that reason - making a couple of CSP pads turns the entire living room into something similar to a sweat shop - bits of fabric everywhere, needles, pins, thread, scissors, tape, patterns...its all just too much hassle for me so I rarely turn the sewing machine on unless I'm prepared for a day's work - cleaning up after, that is!

Thats why I love :knit: its quite self-contained and I can just put everything into a medium-sized basket under the chair and forget about it at a moments notice :D

Can't wait to see pics of the finished robe! :wine: (and maybe a pic of your "sewing room" after :giggle: )

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:08 pm

gayleygoo wrote: (and maybe a pic of your "sewing room" after :giggle: )

Heh my 'sewing room' is currently the dining room table (our downstairs is all one room - open plan)...

I'll need to put it away before dinner tomorrow!!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:35 am

I used to roll a lint roller over finished minky nappies before sending them out to get rid of any fluff on them. And luckily the amount I used to make always allowed me to limit the amount of fluff everywhere, dont know how a full-time wahm with overlocker does it :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat