hf1

how do wahms do it?!

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: how do wahms do it?!

Postby ems » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:42 am

the room owns its own vacuum cleaner, and it also has a microclean unit installed on the wall above my overlocker. I mainly overlock bamboo fleece/velour and minkee.. its a pretty messy ordeal. I vacuum the machines out every day if not as few times if they really get bunged up. The microclean unit takes away all those tiny dust particles you see flaoting about in the air - the dangerous stuff basically.
I have a very organised room. I have my two desks together across the length of the room, and then I havea built in cupboard we made ( for dust reasons) to put all the fabrics not on a rol in. We bought some of that Trofast system from ikea. Which is great cos you can add to it. Loads of drawers ;) Rolls of fabric are in the other spare room to keep them nice and clean. My off cuts that are too big to go in the waste bin go into one of 4 bins. One for velour, one for bamboo fleece, one for knits and one for minkee. They then get used up for smaller items until the off cut is too small to use ;) Then it goes into the waste bin. I've been trying to get my waste under 4% this month, I've almost done it. I weigh all the fabric cuts I use, and then i weigh the total waste after the month

Before the microclean system going in.. the whole house had a layer of dust. I would highly recommend cleaning system for the air if you sit in dust all day!

It has been so good we are thinkig of getting another couple for the rest of the house just to have a dust free house!

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:45 am

ems wrote:the room owns its own vacuum cleaner, and it also has a microclean unit installed on the wall above my overlocker. I mainly overlock bamboo fleece/velour and minkee.. its a pretty messy ordeal. I vacuum the machines out every day if not as few times if they really get bunged up. The microclean unit takes away all those tiny dust particles you see flaoting about in the air - the dangerous stuff basically.
I have a very organised room. I have my two desks together across the length of the room, and then I havea built in cupboard we made ( for dust reasons) to put all the fabrics not on a rol in. We bought some of that Trofast system from ikea. Which is great cos you can add to it. Loads of drawers ;) Rolls of fabric are in the other spare room to keep them nice and clean. My off cuts that are too big to go in the waste bin go into one of 4 bins. One for velour, one for bamboo fleece, one for knits and one for minkee. They then get used up for smaller items until the off cut is too small to use ;) Then it goes into the waste bin. I've been trying to get my waste under 4% this month, I've almost done it. I weigh all the fabric cuts I use, and then i weigh the total waste after the month

Before the microclean system going in.. the whole house had a layer of dust. I would highly recommend cleaning system for the air if you sit in dust all day!

It has been so good we are thinkig of getting another couple for the rest of the house just to have a dust free house!

Wow :shock: I love how organised that all sounds!!! :lol:

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby bedheaduk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:34 am

WSS, that all sounds far more organised than the chaos that passes for my sewing room :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat