hf1

Tell me why you use fleece, please.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Tell me why you use fleece, please.

Postby clairelana » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:59 am

I use mostly wool on Kaydi and have never ventured in to fleece.
I've seen some lovely fleece longies posted recently and wondered how you get on with them compared to wool?
Kaydi is a heavy wetter will they be suitable?

tia

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Tell me why you use fleece, please.

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:09 am

I use fleece because:
a) it's cheaper than wool
b) I can make them myself quickly
c) it dries faster and you can just bang it in the washing machine with the nappies/your clothes :giggle:

I bought 0.5m of fleece and made a soaker with TONS of fleece left. Could easily have made a second one, and remember Dawn isn't a tiny thing :giggle: you could probably get 3, possibly 4 out of half metre depending on the size. They sew up REALLY quickly too. I made one while watching Mama Mia with a friend lol
Fleece makes a good stop gap in winter when you have to wait ages for you woolies to dry :)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:43 am

WSS,

Though you have to wash fleece more than wool but they do just go in with your nappies anyway so its not a hassle!

Again, we use it when the wool is drying or for an alternative if DD is in a sleepsuit etc. I wouldnt use it on long journeys as i dont trust it as much as wool but if you get a thick fleece (polar fleece i think?) then it should be suitable. We have 2 fleece wraps (1 WN, 1 UD) and a bad attempt at me making some flongies (home use only :giggle: ) but definitely want to get some flongies made properly xx

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:05 pm

I use fleece as it's warm, light and washes easily...

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:50 pm

Fleece is as effective as wool imo. It is also easier to look after as it can be machine washed with or without fabric conditioner, at any temperature and thrown on a hot radiator to dry.

The only downside is that it needs to be washed after each use and I prefer natural fibres tbh (but I do have 6 pairs of flongies on order for the boys atm! :giggle: )

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:56 pm

I saw a couple of nice looking pairs that Katie had to have so I bought them. :giggle: I still prefer my wool but fleece does seem to just as good a job. Katie seems slightly warmer in fleece than wool as its less breathable so it will probably be great for the colder months. As PPs said it is also cheaper. Although it does need washing after every use it dries so quickly so its probably handy to have when you're wating for your woollies to dry after they've been lanolised. Unless you're like me and have far too much wool. :oops: :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:55 pm

WE use wool and fleece, Gracie has a fleece soaker on tonight under her sleep suit. It works just as well as wool and if you use fabric softner that can make it even more water proof. I have a flongie set on order from the US and got a pre loved set yesterday. x

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Sounds like I need to give them a try.
Lol yes louise I have far too much wool to need some for in between lanolising.
I've been looking at some from us.
I need something to do at the moment so might have a try making something.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat