hf1

Fleece trousers

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Fleece trousers

Postby becky1978 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:57 pm

We mainly use wool and fitteds here but I had a thought today about fleece. Archie has lots of boring cheap fleece trousers from matalan, tesco etc-could we use these over fitteds instead of wool?

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Fleece trousers

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:30 pm

don't see why not but the fleece might not be thick enough although days might be ok. maybe cut the legs off one pair and use the under a second pair for extra layers. i dont use fleece so i don't know how many there are in a fleece soaker normally.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:42 pm

you could always buy some cheap fleece and sew an extra layer into the wet zone to make sure they work

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:45 pm

If they're thick enough then its worth a try! Some cheaper fleece trousers are made from really thin fleece so might not offer much protection. As the others have said you could always use a cut-off pair under another or "boost" the trousers with extra bits of fleece. Give it a go anyway!

One difference between fleece and wool is that fleece will need to be washed much more often - as it can't be lanolised, they can get smelly quickly. They can usually be thrown in the nappy wash or any clothes wash though, and dry much faster than wool so its not really a problem.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat