hf1

Black and white colour running?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Black and white colour running?

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:40 pm

I'm putting together a nappy I fancy but it puts black and white minkee/cuddlesoft together... I'm a bit concerned about the colours running and ending up with black and grey...

Any advice?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Black and white colour running?

Postby Louise » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:44 pm

You might get colour run. One of my latest WNs is white cuddlesoft and paisley minkee. I originally asked for a hot pink minkee inner and Suzanne e-mailed me before making it up to say it might run so would I like to change the inner. Not sure I'd want to risk it TBH.

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:45 pm

No advice but I would be the same also I would worry about the fluff transfering as the black minkees I have had/have I have to pick fluff of after every wash especially if washed with new nappies to the point it has put me of getting more black minkee nappies.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:47 pm

i noticed on the weenotions website when u got to make a stripy nappy it says be careful if ur choosing black and white, i think it has something to do with colour run

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:49 pm

Not quite the same but I have a WNOS with black cuddlesoft and dalmation minkee inner, the white parts have never looked grey, and look white as new! So I presume the black has never run....think red/pink shades do tend to bleed a little, regardless. (My red WN definately did :( )

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:52 pm

I got a black Wn and just bunged it in the nappy wash without thinking :oops: it was fine. x

My avatar
mammymade
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mammymade » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:39 pm

you could buy some of those colour catchers, they are really good apparently, though ive never tried them :wink:

x

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:45 am

mammymade wrote:you could buy some of those colour catchers, they are really good apparently, though ive never tried them :wink:

x

I was also going to suggest that, at least for the first few washes, but not sure if they'd affect the nappies at all.

My avatar
mammymade
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mammymade » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:57 am

hmm yeh i never thought of that, might be bad for them like the dryer sheets

x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat