hf1

Yay for Leeds City Council! - free Baby Beehinds!!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Yay for Leeds City Council! - free Baby Beehinds!!

Postby Amanda » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:06 pm

Evening all, hope all babies are nicely tucked up and enjoying sweet dreams.

Just sharing my good news. I popped into clinic today for advice on the best way to administer eyedrops (it seems there isn't one, just a headlock!), and picked up a leaflet that says at long last Leeds City Council has introduced a nappy incentive scheme. I can either claim £20 cashback, or take their trial pack which comprises:

1 x Baby Beehind Bamboo & Organic Cotton nappy with liner
1 x Baby Beehind Hemp & Organic Cotton nappy with liner
1 x Baby Beehind wrap
10 x disp liners

I know some of you use and like them, so I'm looking forward to filling in my application tomorrow. Aren't they an Aussie company? It seemed an odd one to use on a trial, but I'm not complaining - new nappies to try!!
I'll try to convert a couple of friends too, but if they're definitely not interested then perhaps they can give me their free nappies!

One question though, LCC say "These are shaped nappies which can be adjusted to fit as your baby grows." Is that right? Connor's 11 months now, how much wear will I get out of them...?

Amanda x

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:08 pm

OK, I've just looked them up - "one size fits most". Connor's quite a little little 'un, so should get plenty of use.

Oh hooray for the council (and it's not often you can say that lol!)

Amanda x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:50 pm

I'M MOVING TO LEEDS!!!!!!

Just to get some free nappies! They are btp and Phebie is nearly 8 months and the flaps still meet when I do the nappy up iykwim. She does have a slim waist tho (but chunky thighs) She still has heaps of room to grow and I absolutely love them.

BECK : )

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:32 am

Ooohh I'm coming too! Would be nice if we got free nappies here, boohoo :cry: . We use baby beehinds and lil is 12.5 months and they still meet in the middle as well. But that said Lily is very skinny.

Sam..

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:40 am

Me too, I'll come and live in your spare room (John'll be sooo pleased!!). I've got 2 of the beautiful coloured bamboo ones and I LOVE them. Going to test one on the new baby to try the 'birth' bit but they should definately fit til training. Louis also has the flaps meeting (but not crossing which connor may still), they are VERY adjustable. Worth checking if the bamboo one is in natural or if you can have a colour!!!!

thats sooo cool, how many friends can you get if you can't convert them???????? Bad girl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Huuuuuuuuge nappy collection!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:25 am

I have to say I'm EXTREMELY jealous!!!

I love our bamboo beehinds - got a purple, green and orange for Isabelle (was trying to make sure I had some nappies that weren't girly colours incase the next one's a boy!!)

They fit really nicely on her - she's another skinny babe - she's 8kg and they meet in the middle... They're great for night-times too if you use both boosters... Also quite slim for such an absorbant nappy!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:56 am

what a fab incentive! I'm moving too

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:13 am

:cry: Boo hoo Stockport council are rubbish :evil:

Annette

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:04 pm

I live about 10miles from Leeds but unfortunately don't fall under Leeds council :cry: i am under Kirklees who haven't any nappy schmeme :roll: Boo to them, they go on about recycling but offer no incentives to switch to cloth, shame on them :evil:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat