hf1

Big Weeds - Help with washing and drying!

My avatar
getsetgo
Clothie
Clothie

Big Weeds - Help with washing and drying!

Postby getsetgo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:07 pm

Can anyone tell me the correct way to wash and dry these please as the label just says wash hot and tumble dry. Have trawled the internet looking for advice for this but can't find anything

I have washed them twice on a 60 degree wash, I know my ellas house are ok on 60 so figured these would too? with a little detergent, rinsed them a few times and they are now in the dryer on a low setting, can they be dryed on a hot setting?

I bought a load more fuzzis so that I can do the washing every couple of days rather than every day but need these as an insert so need to dry them quickly to use tomorrow, I would think that I will normally wash and leave on an airer in front of the radiator to dry but just for future reference or an emergency lol it would be handy to know what damage can be done to them if washed or dryed wrong.

Thanks guys!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:43 pm

i have washed these at 40 or at 60, with bio, or non bio (tho no softener) i usually tumble for a bit so are not to hard...but are fine without too!!!
so whatever you are doing is fine!
hemp does take a long time to get upto full absorbancy so i would try to wash a few more times beofre using, or just realise that they wont be fully absorbant and will keep getting better for a bunch more washes
hth
shevi

My avatar
getsetgo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby getsetgo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:45 pm

Hi Shevi

Thanks for that!

Do you tumble dry on a low setting or high?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:47 pm

anything for hemp, but they are usually in with some bamboo so then low.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat