hf1

going away to rockingham for a week, nappy help!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

going away to rockingham for a week, nappy help!

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:58 am

hiya ladies, as the title says me and the worser half and the wee man r off to rockingham later on this month for (not a clue where it is but sounds cool!lol) and i have a dilema over nappies. can't keep 3-4 days of nappies hanging around, as i think they'd pen and ink, but don't want a nasty sposie on my little man's tush either, what would u all do? have hundreds of nappy bags bought when i was pg with him i could perhaps use, oh i don't know, help!

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: going away to rockingham for a week, nappy help!

Postby emmajayne33 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:32 am

I would take pockets or AI2's and then take extra inserts.

Will there be washing facilities?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:42 am

ah could try it, i'll be staying at my oh's granny's house but am really funny about using other washing machines even on my own stuff. don't mind handwashing, but it's the drying etc.

My avatar
mummymel
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummymel » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:43 am

I went on holiday for 1 week and used Cloth the whole time. I just kept the nappy bags inside a suitcase so they could be closed and contain the smell. It wasn't too bad though.

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:45 am

I've got a big wet bag and we went on holiday for a week and used cloth the whole time, just keeping them in the wetbag with a couple of drops of tea tree each day. xx

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:47 am

If you have washing facilities that you can use then I would take the cloth - if you have enough nappies, you may only need to do one wash and then bring back a load of dirties. We went away for 2 weeks and I used the washing machine in the holiday cottage once and a launderette at the caravan park twice. It was lovely and sunny so could hang them out to dry. I have a huge swaddlebees wetbag which holds a good 3-4 days of nappies without having to worry about smells. And I took gDiapers which are like AI2s so could just use a few outers and lots of prefolds and terry squares as inserts which open out flat to dry quickly.

However, if you are not going to use a machine, I would not bother - it really is hard work hand washing them and then you can't wring them out like a washing machine spin so getting them dry in the depths of winter would take an age. If you want to enjoy your time away, either use the washing machine or take sposies :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:52 am

I agree with Annette, if you aren't going to take advantage of having a machine then I wouldn't bother, hand washing will be a lot of work and leaving them to drip dry would take forever. We used cloth the whole 2 weeks we were away, I only took a few so was washing every day but it was worth it. xx

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:54 am

thanks ladies, think i'm gonna try and take the cloth somehow. i really can't bring myself to use sposies i just think they r nasty. will look out for a wetbag though, that'd be a good plan, even if they r rinsed to take the worst out. enough nappies? yep, i got about 20 totsbots and 7 covers, and that's b4 my rather cool collection of fitted nappies and wool...... :giggle:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:27 am

That's what I did with all of Archies, rinsed them in cold water to get the worst of the poop and pee out, qwrung them, and put them into the wetbag xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat