hf1

Do we have everything we need?

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Do we have everything we need?

Postby smilinglou » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:31 pm

We're using reusable wipes and the nappies, I thought I would ask for any advise on what we have so far and see if any of you have any ideas or just to let me know if we're missing something major...i have a feeling iv gone mad and got too much actually

We have a nappy bucket with two big string pull mesh bags, a couple of pampers tubs to put wipes in, fleece and cotton wipes (over 30 i think), loads of birth to potty nappies; bumgenius, wonderoos, and size 1 nappies; swaddlebees, all aio's and pockets, (we do have tot bots and other ones that need wraps but you have to buy the different sizes and we only have size 2 wraps/nappies so may not use them), loads of inserts not sure which are boosters I know we have some but I can't tell which are which, some fleece liners and flushable liners, will be getting tea tree oil/lavender oil for the wipes and a spray bottle, we also have a bloomin great big aloe vera plant I'm sure could come into use when making wipe concoctions :giggle:

for the changing bag:
two persil string pull bags with plastic inside that came in bounty packs that I thought I could use in the changing bag for dirty nappies/wipes
a travel set with a plastic case for the wipes and small spray bottle/normal bottles

we do have a tumble drier sitting in my nans garage, but our washing machine hasnt given up yet, i have a feeling we should get the tumble drier set up as baby is due beginning of december, do i even have to ask if we can do this without it lol :lol:

now i need a baby :babytongue:

P.s what does WHam actually mean? :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Do we have everything we need?

Postby Louise » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Sounds like you've got everything you need. It's WAHM not WHAM BTW and it means Work At Home Mum. :wink:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:39 pm

of course i meant wahm; i was just testing you :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:44 pm

I cloth nappy without a tumble dryer :) It's a bit harder in the winter thou, but doable :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:46 pm

I've never had a tumble drier either and even had two in cloth at one point so its definitely doable, you just need lots of fluff so you don't run out while you're waiting for nappies to dry. :wink:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Sounds like you've got all you will need to me!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:37 pm

knowing our luck the tumbler drier wont work or will leak or something, these things happen to us you see, we are tempting fate by even considering making our lives easier by pulling the old one out and using the tumble drier :shock:

My avatar
fimc
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby fimc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:27 pm

You sound way more organised than me when I started a few weeks ago - we've just picked things up as we go along, especially the accoutrements. We don't have a tumble dryer either, I'm still hanging nappies outside atm until the weather gets really dire. Reckon I'll probably have to buy another airer over the winter though :-?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:55 pm

sounds like you have everything you need to me we manage without a tumble drier you just need to have more nappies lol

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat