hf1

Figuring out which rise setting for OS nappies

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Figuring out which rise setting for OS nappies

Postby joeli » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:53 pm

I have a lot of OS nappies (pockets and AI2s). How do I judge what is the best rise? I can tell if it's obviously too small. But I really can't judge the difference after that. What should I be looking for to know I have the perfect rise setting?

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Figuring out which rise setting for OS nappies

Postby mamaellie » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:13 pm

I've always just gone for roughly where I think a disposable would sit on her, but I think at least some of it is down to personal preference, as even with sized nappies I find the rise differs quite a lot and preference also depends on if your baby does wet poos that go up the back, has more wetness on the front (as opposed to bottom or back).

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:16 pm

i know when i used things like bg's with taliesin they used to kinda sit on his hips, a little below his tummy button kinda thing and on the lowest setting possible

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Usually nappies sit just below the belly button so that's a good indication of when you need to move up a size. You'll know when you need to change rise settings as you won't be able to get a good fit around the waist once the rise is too short or the nappy will keep coming undone. If you move to a higher rise setting too early you will also know as you'll probably get leg gape even when the waist is as tight as it will go.

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:22 pm

Ahhh I'd been wondering about the whole rise issue as well as I was never sure where nappies were supposed to sit but now I know! :D

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Thanks Louise! That's really helpful!!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Louise wrote:Usually nappies sit just below the belly button so that's a good indication of when you need to move up a size. You'll know when you need to change rise settings as you won't be able to get a good fit around the waist once the rise is too short or the nappy will keep coming undone. If you move to a higher rise setting too early you will also know as you'll probably get leg gape even when the waist is as tight as it will go.

Really? All Sophie go above her belly button apart from medium itti's and her medium jimmy riddles :giggle:

On onesize i go for the rise setting with the least leg gape!!!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat