Winter nappies and drying times!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Winter nappies and drying times!

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:48 pm

:hohoho: at this thread!

So is it like "cloot toot" or "clut tut"...?? I would pronounce "foot" as "fut" ...

Pocket nappies are quick drying, and I actually quite like fluffles (only under wool or at night though, they really do they big bum thing!)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:55 pm

Its like cloot toot, with the cloot like soot (is that how you spell the stuff in a chimney?) and the toot like foot (said with an oo and not u)

Just asked DH what Clwt sounded like and he came up with slut (but with more of a northen accent, than posh) :giggle:

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:30 pm

I didn't think of anything rude till I read this thread! :hohoho: Never knew how to pronounce it though! Still a bit :-?

The LP micros seem to be working really well under wool, but under pul its only an hour till we get a leak! Never really noticed much of a difference between wool and Pul till now.

Think I will keep a load of the Micros. I already have 5 and going to take some out of my order for nappyweb. How many do you think I need?

Will also sell my least favourites of my fitteds and use my pockets on Elouise when I am not using longies (which isn't that often and have a few more woolies on the way!)

Both the girls have enough wool to be in it most of the time really, typical as I now have loads of lovely UD wraps from the sale! :roll:

Thank you all for your help! :D :hug: Even if most of the posts were talking about rude words :hohoho:

Think I just needed a rant about them!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Oh and meant to say, yes I still have my mutts but got all bamboo. I don't really like cotton velour TBH as it seems to go cruncy here :roll: and the girls have sensitive skin.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:03 pm

no other suggestions im afraid hun , i use fitteds and wool too , mainly - wnnl , and i too am not liking the longer drying times :x very frustrating as during summer atleast when i put nappies out on the line in the morning they would be dried and put away by the same evening , then 2 whole days of no nappies iygwim , but now they are just constantly everywhere, gah!!!

It was this time last year that i became very frustrated and tbh sick and tired of looing/washing/turning/moving/drying cloth that in december i actually packed them away for the month and didnt get them out until the new year :oops: awful i know but if id have carried on using them through my 'lost love' phase i would have ended up giving up and didnt want to do that....

One other suggestion is that if needed you can always use pockets under wool , i know its not the same as fitteds obv , but i cant use pockets under normal clothes as he out pees them in an hour lol but if ive no fitteds left i will have a pockets/wool day to see me through till fitteds all dry! :giggle: :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat