hf1

Whats the most annoying thing

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Whats the most annoying thing

Postby happytails » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:13 am

clothmama wrote:What a brilliant thread!!!! Me and Mr CM are :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

I had all my bright bots on the line once and a lady said - 'ohh I like your bright set of towels' - 'ummm they're not towels they are nappies'. She wouldn't believe us :giggle: :giggle:

:hohoho: at the towels comment!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:42 pm

most of my friends have decided i'm a hippy because we use cloth i baby wear and do blw, one friend who works in a nursery told me all babies she looks after who wear cloth smell and have sore bums, so basically told me i'd have a sore bummed smelly baby!!
I've had so many bad comments, people have told me they leak are really expensive worst for the environment, even my mil, but as soon as she saw them she fell in fluffy love, i have to take her my new fluff to show her. she can't believe how easy they are to use and that more people don't use them, she's my biggest fluff supporter apart from dh. He wasn't sure at first but now says there's no way he'd but a sposie back on pippa, she reacted very badly to them which changed his mind for good, even though her doesn't understand the need for pretty fluff :hohoho:
xx

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:56 pm

10 years ago if you used cloth nappies everyone thought you were odd as less than 5% then used cloth and they were never mentioned in the press and if they were it was terry squares - to buy anything else you had to hunt about a bit as this was pre everyone having the Internet. Anyhow we live in a posh-ish area and they'd just built a new estate of nice big detached houses but we live in the old road which is considered MUCH posher, and I used to hear comments at the toddler group 'I can't understand why she can't afford disposable nappies being as she lives in the posh road' and 'she walks everywhere you know I don't think she has a car' from the people who would drive to the village hall when they lived so close it was quicker to walk rather than mess about with car seats etc. Anyhow one lady was very snooty about it and said why on earth didn't I use disposables so I explained, environment, cost and reliability from leaks (T had scrawny legs and every disposable leaked at the legs) etc and she sniffily said 'but we don't ever get ANY leaks from Chloes nappies'

Gave me great pleasure about 6 or 7 months later when she asked if she could borrow T's spare trousers as Chloe's nappy had leaked again and I had to explain sorry but we didn't bother taking spare clothing anywhere with us as we didn't ever get leaks and what had gone wrong with Chloe's nappies as she used to tell me she never got leaks so would she like to try one of T's spare nappies and wrap? :giggle:

My avatar
sarahlou
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sarahlou » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:06 pm

" you are one of those earth mothers aren't you?" :x
"I couldn't deal with all the extra washing" usually coming form people with 2 kids versus my 7 :roll:
Most comments come from the mums at school but they all think I am a bit strange anyway :oops: :giggle: I have one mum who is :pregnant: right now though and would like to try some of my fluff when baby gets here :wine:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:16 pm

the only annoying thing I get is "well I'm not changing them!" :giggle: it's my mum and sis being squeemish :giggle:
:shock: at some of the other comments though

My avatar
babc
Clothie
Clothie

Postby babc » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:46 am

I find it annoying when people ask me what do I do when DD poops! The very few times I mentioned that I'm using cloth nappies, they automatically say, 'ah, you're using one of those terry squares & pins' :roll: Time has moved on people! Then there are those who think we can't afford disposables or that we are one of those strange hippies :x

That doesn't stop DH from telling people that we're using cloth nappies, though. He would tell anybody who would care to listen. He's much braver than I am :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 am

Miranda wrote:10 years ago if you used cloth nappies everyone thought you were odd as less than 5% then used cloth and they were never mentioned in the press and if they were it was terry squares - to buy anything else you had to hunt about a bit as this was pre everyone having the Internet.

You eco warrier you :giggle: :giggle: Out of curiosity Miranda, do you know what the percentage of cloth use is now?

:hohoho: :hohoho: at Chloes mum - I presume she didn't take you up on your offer?? :giggle:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat