hf1

Whats the most annoying thing

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Whats the most annoying thing

Postby evansmummy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:19 pm

I got asked 4x yesterday 'whys he got tights on' in the space of 5minutes (school run) :furious: :furious:

I got fed up explaining in the end, and for the record he looked very cute in his pirate babylegs :widesmile:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:27 pm

i get fed up of people who don't se eteh point in using cloth and say oh imagine how much worse they are for the enviroment with the washign adn drying :x

My avatar
fimc
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby fimc » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:03 am

I've mainly had positive comments so far about the cloth, but someone I was speaking to yesterday said "oh, you do like to make life hard for yourself, don't you". When I asked what she meant, she said she just meant "carrying him around like that" (he was in the mei tai) and "doing all that washing".

I just explained that I'm doing what I feel is best for my son, and it's nothing to do with how easy or difficult I want to make my life :|

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:44 am

fimc wrote:I've mainly had positive comments so far about the cloth, but someone I was speaking to yesterday said "oh, you do like to make life hard for yourself, don't you". When I asked what she meant, she said she just meant "carrying him around like that" (he was in the mei tai) and "doing all that washing".

I just explained that I'm doing what I feel is best for my son, and it's nothing to do with how easy or difficult I want to make my life :|

That would annoy me too. TBH I often find it a lot harder taking a buggy out, heaving it on and off busses and up and down steps, having to find a lift instead of just using stairs or an escalator. Pushing an extra 14kg (plus Rhys' own 14kg) or whatever up a hill is a pain too, I'd sometimes rather just hop him on my back and off we go. The only real plus the buggy has is the carrying space, and the fact that he can eat in it and mess up only himself, rather than me too :giggle: .

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:13 am

Actually the most annoying thing is how irate it makes me seeing people just mindlessly producing waste - was in Boots this morning and the couple in front of me bought 4 packs of disps and 3 packs of baby wipes (all on offer) - then put all of them in plastic carrier bags despite the nappies having a carrying handle - argghhh - I find it also annoying that people who use disps think it is okay to criticise you or make inane comments about cloth nappies to make themselves feel better. I don't rant away at disp users or criticise them openly - I just nod and smile as the amount of nonsense some of them spout is just plain ridiculous - I will never get over 'he was two weeks late' ever! :wtf: :wtf: :doh: :gaah: :doh: :gaah:

(((ranting on here is fine)))) :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:21 am

^ I think some of it is guilt!

I get a lot of "Oh I wouldn't have time to do all that." and "I thought about those but _____ ."(too much work, too expensive, don't want to poke the baby with pins, too old fashioned, baby will get nappy rash.)

My mum: "But your clothes will be in the same washing machine with that poo!" Ummm... no I flush the big poo down and the residue gets rinsed away with hot water. When she has blowouts in sposies, I have to wash the poo-y clothes, don't I?

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:27 am

We have had :

From mum 'you're machine will get clogged with poo and you will get poo on your clothes' :shock: she has come round since though :wink:

From various people 'oh they look awfully hot, she is going to be all sweaty' - These comments are related to cloth nappies not wool -

Again, this time about wool 'babies cant wear wool in summer! Did your nana knit those?' :x

'you make life hard for yourself, all that extra washing and poo in your machine' - that seems to be of great concern - like machines dont wash away the dirty water or something??

And ditto with the baby legs - 'Love the socks!' :shock: :-?

'Oh her bum looks so big, she will struggle to sit up and walk properly with that between her legs' - from various, and my dad - little was he aware - he was in cloth nappies as a baby and terries were far bigger than modern cloth and he walks fine :roll:

'dont they smell?' - oh i could go on and on and on about this one!

I do get inquisitive comments like, 'how do you find them?', 'how long do they last?' 'how much do they cost' etc etc which i dont mind

The worst one so far would have to be 'oh i was going to use them but X (usually partner) didnt want to use them, they prefer disps' - ARGH! My dp hated the idea of cloth with a passion but i went ahead anyway and he says he wouldnt put DD in a sposie if he could help it and the smell gross! :wine: :mrgreen:

Sarah x

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Some of my friends know to take their disps home with them ... :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:32 pm

I have to say that I dont think I have really had any negative coments...I would be livid if any of my family or friends said negative things about my parenting choices :nono:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat