Flongie question...

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Flongie question...

Postby Louise » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:39 pm

JennyPenny wrote:
mamaellie wrote:I bought some fleece trousers from sainsburys a week ago and use those as flongies, and she wears them all day unless a blowout happens or she's really soaked.

So can you just use any fleece trousers then? They don't need a built in soaker or anything?

In theory yes but it does depend on how heavy a wetter your LO is and how thick the fleece is. Fleece is more prone to compression wicking than wool, especially when LO is still for long periods eg in the car, pushchair.

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:06 am

^ Very true. I should add that the fleece trousers she already had as part of a set did not work over nappies unless they were changed every 2 hours religiously (so that the outside of the nappy wasn't wet) but these new ones were thicker so I thought I'd give them a try (2 pairs for £6-- seemed a steal!) The other problem is that they're not designed to use over cloth nappies, so I had to go up in size to get the rise/bum to fit, which makes the legs a little long, but otherwise a good buy!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Sophie wears hers ALL day and she is a heavy wetter. I only change them because she spills everything down her, otherwise i would let her wear the next day!!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat