hf1

big yucky poos?

My avatar
sammijayne
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

big yucky poos?

Postby sammijayne » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:30 pm

hello :idea: , does anyone have any ideas?

my dd is 17 months old, we havent been using cloth for very long. we have fleece liners for her nappys, but every time she poos it goes all over the nappy, it never comes out but goes around the liner and ends up all over her nappy. at the mo im using the shower head to blast it all down the toilet :oops:

obvously i do need to get the poo off but im really worried about my nappys getting stains on them so im then putting them on a rinse cycle and then a wash so im doing a very little load every day. i dont mind but im sure im racking up a bill for all of that!

will my nappys stain if i dont do this, would wet pailing be a suggestion? or what does everyone else do?

thank you very much, sam. :cnthug:

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: big yucky poos?

Postby mamaellie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:42 pm

If I have a bad, poo-y one (one I know might stain-- the fleece on some of my pockets doesn't seem to be a problem ), I will give it a cold rinse and a little scrub with a cloth right away then put it in the pail (actually we use a big fabric bag) until wash day. Seems to be working, but we have more and more solid poos that just plop off the nappy these days. The times I've had stains was when I left it until wash day and some poo set into the fabric.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:42 pm

We had some yellow-y stains on 2 of our nappy inners after some new foods (DD is weaning at 8months) and a rinse, wash and a rinse again. Popped them on the window sill for 3 hours in the sun and the stains have vanished :wink:

Apart from that, i find i can leave nappies until wash day (we do ours every 2 days) without any major stains if any at all :wink:

Sarah x

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:53 pm

Put a paper liner over ur fleece then u can flush the lot away :)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:26 pm

If Dawn has pooey ones, I give them a cold wash first and then sun any stains I can (sun them when they're wet though, works better for some reason!).

Oh and we dry pail too :)

My avatar
sammijayne
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sammijayne » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:44 am

cool thank you. so wet pail makes no difference then? iv tryed the paper liners and they get screwed up and bunch in her bot :giggle: so they were not working, am i putting them on properly :shock: , i tare away some of the bit that would be the inside legcos i think it would hang out the sides. is that right or should i leave it as it is? :-?

thanks for your help already! :mrgreen:

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Lynni » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:57 am

At 11 mnths my Dd's poos are now solid and drop off the fleece liner but when she was just :bf: We frequently had explosions with no problems to the nappy at all

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat