hf1

Holiday - Disposable or Cloth

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Holiday - Disposable or Cloth

Postby Charleyjoe » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:24 pm

I am off to Orlando in four weeks time staying in Villa with washing machine tumble dryer all mod cons. We will be spending nearly every day doing the parks for older two (10 and 12) part of me wants to do cloth while I'm out there part of me thinks I should use disposables as dont fancy carrying used nappies round all day.

Have only used cloth for youngest and dont know anyone else that does so still very 'green' about things. What do you suggest.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Holiday - Disposable or Cloth

Postby Shevi » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:02 pm

whatever you want...i have done both cloth and sposies on holiday, cloth cos i wanted too and Boo got such rashes in sposies (whenever teething) and sposies cos i thought that i want a break too!
i would be reluctant to travel so far with my nappies tho (looong flight to schlepp nappies for) so i think sposies would probably win out for me, but its very much a personal choice and i'd do whatever makes you happier.

if you have a prob with leaky sposies tho then a wrap over a sposie can work wonders...or you could use cloth at night or while at the house and sposies during the day or when out...anything goes, whatever makes you happiest ;)

there is a time a a place for sposies, and i think that so the mummy gets an occasional holiday from the mondane is as good as any other reason ;D

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:09 pm

as someone who has done 2 holidays in cloth i would say go with cloth :hohoho: but think about the extra luggage? and make sure you get help with the washing as i just felt like i spoent most of my hols washing grrrrr although that time i had no washer :shock:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:28 pm

We did cloth in Spain this year, I only took a few nappies (in their own little suitcase as cabin baggage :giggle: ) so had to wash every day and a bit but it was fine, why don't you do a bit of both :wink:

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:34 pm

i have done both- when there has been a washine machine i used cloth otherwise sposies- i think in this case i would take a few and do both as i couldn't bear to be 2 weeks without cloth- use cloth at night and around the villa and sposies on days out :mrgreen:

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Think you've convinced me. Will do a bit of both, disposables on plane, and have just got some itti's so think I will take these with extra inserts and disposables for the parks that way hopefully it will cut down on the stuff I'll have to carry during the day. Hopefully drying shouldn't be a problem in Orlando might even sun bleach some marks out while I'm there havent seen much sun in the NE lately.

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:03 pm

If you have the space I think that is a good idea. I'm going to Spain without DH so will have to use sposies for a week :cry:

My avatar
chipmonkey
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby chipmonkey » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:32 pm

I use cloth when I can, but would draw the line at handwashing! If you are in a hot country they dry in no time. I suppose I would be a bit reluctant to take hemp or bamboo though as they can take a long time and you might need to pack too many!
I did use them in Center Parcs in France and the ladies in the launderette washed them for me. I thought they might refuse but it didn't seem to be the first time they had done it!

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:21 am

I'm a wimp and I always use disps when we're away... would probably be OK bringing cloth to use once we're there, but wouldn't try it on the plane, as the pressure seems to do weird things to her little tummy on take off and landing!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat