hf1

Holiday - Disposable or Cloth

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Holiday - Disposable or Cloth

Postby Louise » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:59 pm

If it was me I'd take cloth, I can't stand the smell of disps at all. :puke:. A combination of both sounds like a good idea though.

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby greenferret » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:36 pm

I took cloth on holiday as we had washer/dryer etc and it was no problem. Not sure how I would've coped without mod cons though and I admire those who do :)

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:23 am

I agree with you it was the smell of disposables in the bin with my first two especially in the summer that made me consider cloth this time round. Am definately going to use proper nappies as much as possible on holiday the the thought of hot weather and disposable nappies is turning my stomach already.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:57 am

I've holiday'd with cloth before and not had a problem. Half and half sounds like a good choice.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:00 pm

I used cloth in spain for 2 weeks without a dryer.
we did ok took plenty with us but I supose with a dryer your not too bad.
I'd go cloth :giggle: unless you have weight restrictions on your cases.

Have a good time!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:56 pm

I didn't take cloth when I went to the USA nearly a year ago, I couldn't risk them getting lost as baggage and tbh wasn't sure about washing and drying them at a friends, so we had nearly 2 weeks in disposables which I had brought here and taken with me - but then I knew I had a LOT of shopping to bring back too. However every UK holiday we go on, cloth always comes even when we don't wash them, just drag 7 days used nappies back home!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:09 pm

I would be too scared to use sposies all the time as I have no idea if they work for DD or not, she was only in them for about 5 days when first born and they leaked all the time. I would take cloth but probably just my pockets and night nappies, and some extra inserts - pocket outers would probably dry in no time at all in a warm country, and they can be stuffed with anything in an emergency!

I'm not sure I'd do handwashing though, but to be honest I'd only book somewhere with washing facilities if we were going to go away.

My avatar
babylovesdisco
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babylovesdisco » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:28 pm

we tend to just let our lil man run about with nappy off as much as poss on hols (in the accomodation mainly...he is a predictable poo-er! :hohoho: )...& swimming pools/swim nappies also cut down on "bum in nappy time". other than that, a mix works well...less washing for you :wine:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:11 pm

When we went away with Martha in nappies I took a few - usually took her out in a cloth nappy and took sposies to change her into or vice versa. I think I only took 5 or 6 fuzzis, but by that stage she was only in 3 or 4 a day, and we always used sposies at night (sorry ladies!)

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat