hf1

popper press tool thingy

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

popper press tool thingy

Postby girlinleeds » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:37 pm

i've got a couple of nappies where the poppers aren't as tight as they should be and i think they just need pushing on a bit more, i know baby bots do a fixing service but just wondered if you could buy the tool thingy (very technical i know), is it expensive/ where do you get them from, just wondered if it would be cheaper to buy one and do it myself, also with the post being like it is i might never get them back if i sent them of :hohoho:
xxx

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: popper press tool thingy

Postby emmajayne33 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:42 pm

I'm sure Stacey (Dawnsmummy) may have mentioned she has a popper press thingy :giggle: She should know ;)

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:59 pm

I bought a pair of snap pliers from Notionsupply - a Yahoo group that you can join.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notionsupply/
(Look under the 'Files' section for the info on how to order :wink: )

They cost $30 (US Dollars) which includes shipping from China and 200 complete sets of snaps.

Get some - they're fab :twisted:

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:59 pm

For a basic Kam press you'd be looking at about £60-£70 before shipping.

I've never used one of the little hand presses....dont fancy snapping hundreds of nappies by hand lol! I imagine they're great for repairing one or two snaps....just make sure that the dies are the right size for the snaps you already have on your nappies :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:01 pm

I bought a hand-snap press from ebay and I think it came to about £25...
So it's def cheaper to ask pocket bots to fix it for you unless you see yourself needing rather a lot of nappies fixing!! :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Mine was from Alana, who runs one of the yahoo groups, but mine was from her ebay shop. It came with 250 snaps and was bout £30. So as Steph said, unless you have a few nappies to fix, it'll be easier asking a WAHM to do it for you :) Although, I've found that I'm looking around the house thinking "ooo, I could put a snap on those!" Lol :giggle:

ETA: Mine's one of the snap pliers, which is the little hand held ones. Snap Presses are the big ones that most WAHMS use and they're £100's! :shock:

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby girlinleeds » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:05 pm

hmm might just send them to get fixed then, although i am looking around wondering what i could put them on, do you think i could use one to attach dh's house keys to him he's always loosing them :hohoho:
xx

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:06 pm

girlinleeds wrote:hmm might just send them to get fixed then, although i am looking around wondering what i could put them on, do you think i could use one to attach dh's house keys to him he's always loosing them :hohoho:
xx

I've threatened to Popper Dawnie's bum to a chair as she never sits still :giggle:

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby girlinleeds » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:08 pm

i really think that if i got one he'd come home from work to find them all over the house and everything poppered together :oops:
xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat