hf1

best newborn nappies

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

best newborn nappies

Postby jennyjanesharp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 pm

ok, so i know i''ve read a thread like this one before, but can't for the life of me find it again!

I've just found out i'm :pregnant: :shock: and am getting ready to hoard a new stash in :giggle:

What do you think are the best nappies for lil bums? and why? :wink:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: best newborn nappies

Postby megansmummy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:02 pm

We used bamboo little lambs (my favs) and diddy diapers...i didnt like the didy diapers really...I also have some tiny preemie prefolds that were fabby for newborn days...just trifolded in a wrap etc :wink:

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:04 pm

Haha, I was a huge fan of diddy diapers and also xs sandies in the beginning, and I had some cotton LLs that I really liked, too. We moved into S fuzzis though pretty quickly (maybe 2 weeks old?) and used thsoe pretty exclusively for several months.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:06 pm

I used prefolds, x s thirsties, size one sandy's and size one bamboo little lambs on Dexter :D . The size one sandy's still just about fit at nearly 4 months old and 17lbs so were excellent value for money :D

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:08 pm

oh yes i forgot about the xs thirstie (i had 10 xs and 10 s) they were fab and cute colours too! and small sandies!!

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:25 pm

I used folded muslins for the first few weeks a variety of xs wraps. Also had a few xs sandies and quite a few wahm made ones but can't for the life of me remember who made them now lol!

Congratulations btw!

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:37 pm

I liked the xs sandies and thirstie wraps.

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:58 pm

Aww congratulations!

I used bimbles, bambeasies, newborn SB, terries and fluff and stuff. I loved the fluff and stuff and SB's the most because they fitted Poppy so well and looked really neat. But bambeasies were also fantastic, they're so lovely and fluffy and with a summer baby weren't to difficult to get dry either. I used XS weenotions wraps in the first couple of weeks and they were fab, contained everything even if the nappy didn't and dried really quickly.

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:25 pm

We used Bimbles, Bambeasies, Kissaluvs, Diddy Diapers, Lovables, Little Lamb, Swaddlebees Newborn OV, Bamboozles all with XS ME wraps in the first few months. Had an Itti too but had no end of leaking problems with it. Shame as it was gorgeous! hth

Enjoy your fluff shopping.

Cathleen xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat