hf1

Help me find the nappy I need!

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Help me find the nappy I need!

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Providing he's strong enough Findlay will be going into hospital on November 16th for open surgery and also having a feeding tube fitted in his stomach. Due to this for the time he's in intensive care we don't want to be moving him too much so I am planning on putting him in night nappies however my current ones are too high in the rise for where his G Tube will be (about an inch or so above his belly button).

Does anyone know of any night nappies or super absorbant nappies that have got about a 15 inch rise? Or that might be a bit higher in the rise but have got a popper down section like the small WNNL have?

I will drop Weenotions an email but obviously the chances of managing to get anything made in time to be able to prewash them a couple of times before he will go into hospital are pretty non existent which is why I was wondering if anyone knew of anything that I am likely to be able to find in stock anywhere?

Thanks ever so much xx

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Help me find the nappy I need!

Postby megansmummy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Hya hun,
Dunk and fluff have a low rise imo...i think there are some small ones for sale on the classifieds from the recent co-op...we have a medium and its well bellow kierens belly button so the smalls could be good, they are also fab for absorbancy...

FC he is strong enough hun!! I was gonna suggest newborn nappies with the umblical cut out but they wont be absorbant enough!!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:46 pm

old style m wnnn mighg work, the rise is pretty low on them, I'll measure ours tomorrow for you if you like

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby bedheaduk » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:18 pm

We've got a Cloth Canoe night nappy that has a much lower rise than any of our other night nappies, No idea about sizing though I'm afraid, I bought ours pre-loved

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruby » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Baby beehinds? They are very absorbent and when i used them I thought the rise was quite low

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:15 pm

ruby wrote:Baby beehinds? They are very absorbent and when i used them I thought the rise was quite low

Ooo yeah, they'd be a perfick choice I think

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I've have a look in the classifieds and see if I can find any DnF or BBH for sale :D

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:15 am

If you have any Nappi Nippa fastening nappy, you could always roll or fold the front over but keep the back high, and secure in place with the Nippa.

My avatar
sammijayne
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sammijayne » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:11 pm

i cant help with nappy suggestions, iv only been using cloth for a month, but good luck with all and best wishes :babyroll:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat