Help! out-weeing everything!!

My avatar
mozscrafton
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Help! out-weeing everything!!

Postby mozscrafton » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:54 pm

ok, maybe EVERYTHING is a slight exaggeration :giggle:

in the last couple of days my 2 year old has out-weed a bumgenius (with the MF insert & hemp booster that is usually fine) a bamboo pop-in and then this morning an itti (in about an hour and a half :shock: when previously she could go 4hrs!)

could this just be a phase?? or do i need to find a nappy to cope with this new talent?? the only ones i've got that i haven't tried yet are my One Lifes - i haven't had them on her in a long time cos we always seemed to have leakage issues and were quite bulky!

Any ideas? :-?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Help! out-weeing everything!!

Postby flutterby » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:19 pm

Considering they are probably two of the most reliable pockets/aios you may be better trying a fitted and wrap or even better fitted and wool, try your onelifes maybe with a booster

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:42 pm

I agree, fitteds and wool would probably be better.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:43 pm

Even fitteds with pul would be bit better, although wool or fleece would be ideal.

I find the following fitteds very absorbant (e.g. compared with ittis):

flutterby fluff
dunk n fluff
wee notions northern lights
guerilla fluff

Upsy Daisy pockets have plenty of room for lots of inserts so they could be worth a try too?

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:17 pm

The EcoEarth(Babeco) bamboo night time pad is also an incredibly absorbent booster pad, which works really well,l as an insert in pretty well any pocket nappy, and additionally makes a superb night time booster! Takes ages to dry though, but impressively absorbent, and nicely shaped to fit pockets

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:10 pm

My DD is starting to outwee some of her nappies too. I had to sell my Itti Bittis on as I couldn't get them to work. :( We mainly use BV fitteds and wool although occasionally Katie wears pockets stuffed with a P'tit Dessous bamboo insert and an Easy Peasy hemp insert. I do have to change pockets every 2 hours though or we get leaks. Fitteds usually last around 3-4 depending on what I boost them with.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 pm

It may be a phase (drinking lots?), or it may be that as she gets older she's starting to hold onto it for longer and then flood her nappies... in which case you're probably out of luck!

My avatar
sammijayne
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sammijayne » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:21 pm

i find GK are brilliant. my lo is not a really heavy wetter but they are always more than enough for her. if youv already tried that i dont know as we have not been using cloth ourselves for long. :)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:29 pm

We had a similar problem and no matter what we did, we couldn't get pockets to last longer than about 1.5 hours, we got 2 hours if we were very lucky.

We ended up switching to 100% fitteds and wool and don't have that problem any more. We can easily gt 3 hours from most of our fitteds.

A word of warning though. If you decide to go down the fitteds route, very few "mass produced" nappies (i.e. Tots etc) are particulalry absorbant, and so would be unlikely to help you.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat