hf1

I need new nappies or to give up cloth :'(

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

I need new nappies or to give up cloth :'(

Postby charlibunny » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:54 pm

I can't cope on the few nappies that we have that actually fit. I have had to swallow my pride and start listing some of the fitteds that don't suit Sophie. We cannot use pockets at all now.
I am finding the ONLY day nappies Sophie can use are Flutterby fluff and sweetiebums slim. That gives me 5 nappies that are slim in the crotch and don't hurt her legs.
I still use and love the bububebe, goodmama's, puddlekins and holdens landings but dont think they help her horrific leg sores.
Our weenotion NL fits beautifully but again the cotton print outer seems to irritate her.
Are there ANY nappies i caould try with a slimish crotch or not the ziggy zaggy type leg stitching?
I love my cloth SO much but with the constant explosive poo all day, wool washing and sore legs now the ill fitting nappies are making it so hard.

I boght the 1st ever pack of sposies yesterday and they fell off her and leaked, don't know why i bought size 4 :cry:

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: I need new nappies or to give up cloth :'(

Postby vampiredreams » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:10 pm

you're welcome to try any in my stash if it helps...stash in is my blog :hug:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:12 pm

I'm surprised HL fitteds don't work, they're sooo similar in shape to FFs!

My Tush fitteds are a very similar shape/fit to LS Sweetiebums, but I don't think she's making them any more. :( I have one I could spare but it's a cotton knit outer so not sure it'd be any good. How about some minkee-outer NLs?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:15 pm

vampiredreams wrote:you're welcome to try any in my stash if it helps...stash in is my blog :hug:

Thankyou thats a very kind offer but i think i have tried it all :(

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:17 pm

what is it that she's allergic to? fleece? latex? or does she have excema/dermatitis? not being nosey just wanna see if i have anything i could loan/give you :hug:
Last edited by fluffycabbage on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 pm

rhead wrote:I'm surprised HL fitteds don't work, they're sooo similar in shape to FFs!

My Tush fitteds are a very similar shape/fit to LS Sweetiebums, but I don't think she's making them any more. :( I have one I could spare but it's a cotton knit outer so not sure it'd be any good. How about some minkee-outer NLs?

I think the HL's are OK its just i have to boost so makes them bulky. My FF's are the best her leg sore actually go down, sama with her sweetiebums. Im not sure about a minkee WNNL because the pockets make her soo sore :( I have 11 stunning WN pockets one of which i have never used :(

The ONLY pockets she can use without getting too sore are greenkids minkytimes, Minkee funky nappies in med, and itti's!!!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:19 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:what is it that she's allergic to?

Food wise?? Milk, eggs, soya. She seems fine with wash powder, her only severe eczema which is red inflamed is behind her knees and on her inner thighs :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Would you like to try one of my Dunk n Fluffs? They're pretty soft, although they may be too big. You are very welcome to try.

What about getting a WNNL with a BV outer instead? Or even asking Suzanne if she'll make you some with minkee or cuddlesoft on the outside?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:30 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Would you like to try one of my Dunk n Fluffs? They're pretty soft, although they may be too big. You are very welcome to try.

What about getting a WNNL with a BV outer instead? Or even asking Suzanne if she'll make you some with minkee or cuddlesoft on the outside?

To be perfectly honest i couldnt try anyones nappies. With Sophies health issues at the moment i would dread to think if she had an explosion in someone elses nappy. But thankyou though. I think she would be in a small anyways. I forgot to add i *think* our new medium JR's with a BV outer are a success!!!! the smaller the nappy the better really!!!
TBH i think maybe a plain bamboo WNNL might be a worth a shot, or a BV inner and outer!!!!! it is like the seams on the nappies make her sore. ALOT of cream and soft boots liners are helping...

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat