I need new nappies or to give up cloth :'(

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: I need new nappies or to give up cloth :'(

Postby rhead » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:40 am

:hug: :hug: :hug:

If you can get HLs to work I have a couple I'm thinking of selling.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:22 pm

Just seen this thread (as I often seem too busy to properly catch up with anything online!). We've had nappy issues with Clement lately - rashes and not really sure what works for him. Sometimes I think he seems to develop sensitivites to fabrics (whether fleece or paper liners) which he didn't have before, which really confuses me! :roll: We used fleece for months since he was born with no problems - but the he started turning red when wet fleece was next to him! And then it seemed that paper liners could do it, esp if I'd washed & re-used the unsoiled ones!

Anyway, wondered if you've tried a Swaddlebees one-sized cotton velour nappy? Though if you say she is a heavy wetter, not sure how it would work for that. But I think it must be the slimmest between the legs that I've ever tried. It fits almost as neatly as a pair of knickers! LOL And the elastic is very un-tense, so seems very flexible and comfy, I'd have thought. And folds down neatly if you want it lower in the rise (since it's btp). But I think I felt it was the best one-sized nappy for a newborn, as there was *NO bulk between the legs (like you get with most other btp nappies!), and I loved it on Clement as a newborn.

Just an idea, but so sorry you've got such problems with your little one! :cry:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:35 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

What size Sweetiebums is she in? (Sorry if I missed it in the thread.) I have a few slim ones, but they're large slim. I'd be happy to swap one (maybe more?!). Drop me a PM if you want to and I can sort out pics. :)

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Have you tried a CoolMax lined nappy? The Tirsokas are long in the rise, slim between the legs and very soft. The Ellas house hemp inserts and P'tuts Dessous bamboo inserts fit well in them, and are very absorbent.

CoolMax is supposed to be very healing!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:45 pm

rachelinscotland wrote: We used fleece for months since he was born with no problems - but the he started turning red when wet fleece was next to him!

Have you read the thing about clogged fleece causing a sunburn like rash in the nappyrash section?

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:54 pm

Another thought... I don't know if it's just mine but I have one t&t Goodmama, and it's a *much* narrower cut between the legs than my serged ones. It still has a kind of ruffled effect so not sure if it'd bother Sophie anyway, but thought I'd mention it! You might be able to find an all-OBV one if the cotton outers don't work for her. :wink:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:50 pm

rachelinscotland wrote:Swaddlebees one-sized cotton velour nappy?

I was thinking this, they were the slimmest fitted we ever used, and held up well with Evie and her super-wee.

What about using organic wool soakers instead of longies etc., with longer ribbed cuffs, they could fit nicely around the legs so the nappy isnt touching her skin, and the longer ribbed cuffs give more coverage for explosive poo?

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:41 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
rachelinscotland wrote: We used fleece for months since he was born with no problems - but the he started turning red when wet fleece was next to him!

Have you read the thing about clogged fleece causing a sunburn like rash in the nappyrash section?

No, not heard of this, Steph! What would be clogging the fleece? We don't use any creams really - but could it be build up of some sort? Certainly the fleece liners weren't new by any means - some were used by Benjamin too since he was born!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat