hf1

Is it just me or....

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Is it just me or....

Postby happytails » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:49 am

Does anyone else get annoyed at the Pampers advert??

'Buy pampers and you are saving lives' basically. But only 4.9p is going to Unicef and fair enough they are giving vaccinations but what about all those disps in Landfill that are ruining our world for the kids to live in??

I think its so so sad about those kids they refer to, almost as such it makes me want to run out and buy a pack to help them but???????

:oops: OK im prepared to get jumped on now :oops:

Sarah

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Is it just me or....

Postby flutterby » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:56 am

nothing stopping you giving a few quid too unicef far better than buying a pack of pampers

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:14 am

flutterby wrote:nothing stopping you giving a few quid too unicef far better than buying a pack of pampers

[ Mobile Post ] Image

:roll: why didnt i think of that??

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:22 am

:giggle: :giggle:
I must admit, I hate them too. Nothing cuter than a baby in fluff :D I hate Sposies but because of how big Dawn is, and how little WHAM clothing we have, I have to use them for some outfits as there's just NO WAY we'd get her big cloth bum in her pants (You try fitting a cloth bum into 6yr jeans...and yes, she's in 6yr jeans :oops: )
Everytime we use sposies now thou, I always think she's pood. When I JUST used sposies I didn't notice the smell. It's only since coming back to yummy fluff have I noticed :puke:

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:29 pm

I hate that one as well. :roll: :roll:

Even worse is the one where they go on about how 'sleep is gold' and it helps your baby get to know faces. :roll: :roll:

What a load of b******s!!

Can you imagine all the naive people out there thinking 'oh I must use Pampers otherwise my baby won't sleep well and therefore recognise people'.

What a load of tripe!! :evil:

Helen xx

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:59 pm

i agree its a crap advert.
i'd rather give money direct to unicef to buy vaccines than bloody pampers, like thats gonna make much difference. at the end of the day its just a marketing scheme to get people buying there brand :evil:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Slightly off topic, as it's not charity based, but there's an ad over here, I think it's SMA or C&G, and it's about 'Ireland's Happiest Babies'. Basically saying that the happiest babies are bottlefed :evil: . They're actually running a competition to find Ireland's happiest (bottlefed) baby :shock:

I'm amazed they can get away with it :crossbaby:

Is it running over there too?

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Slightly off topic, as it's not charity based, but there's an ad over here, I think it's SMA or C&G, and it's about 'Ireland's Happiest Babies'. Basically saying that the happiest babies are bottlefed :evil: . They're actually running a competition to find Ireland's happiest (bottlefed) baby :shock:

I havent seen it but :shock: Amber is bottle fed but no more/less happy than her booby fed friend :-?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Slightly off topic, as it's not charity based, but there's an ad over here, I think it's SMA or C&G, and it's about 'Ireland's Happiest Babies'. Basically saying that the happiest babies are bottlefed :evil: . They're actually running a competition to find Ireland's happiest (bottlefed) baby :shock:

I've not seen it but they aren't allowed to advertise infant formula here, hence 6 month+ formula

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat