smallest newborn nappy ie less bulky

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

smallest newborn nappy ie less bulky

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:47 pm

can anyone help me out please?
i am wondering what is the smallest ie less bulkiest newborn nappy. i prefer 2 parters when they are tiny. i used diddy diapers with ethan at first but found even they were too bulky with a wrap too. think i had a bimble or something but that was so tiny it didnt ever fit him. i prefer nippa nappies by the way!
i heard kissaluvs are good for a newborn...do they do those in nippa versions? also what wrap is best. when ethan was properly in cloth...about 3 or 4 weeks onwards he was in diddy diapers with a nature babies wrap and then we found motherease wraps. as he got a bit bigger he went into sandys (small) but i would think even the small sandys would drown a newborn. any advice you lovelies could give me?
just asking for future reference....we not trying for baby number 3 until next year but i want the next one in cloth from the day we get home.

thanks all

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: smallest newborn nappy ie less bulky

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:50 pm

XS thirsties(velcro) and bimbles(nippa'd) were our slimmest teenyest fitteds :mrgreen:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Bimbles or sandys do an xs!
Wraps we found motherease the best.they do xs too.other trim nappies are jr xs or thirsties.swaddlebees do a newborn fitted as well i think.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:32 pm

Swaddlebees newborn nappies are positively tiny, but they are side snapping, if you like nippas how about some teeny bamboo terries

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:47 pm

I used some xs sandies and they were pretty good in the early days. I agree swaddlebees are really trim nappies, but I think if you found diddy diapers too bulky kissaluvs are going roughly the same.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:24 pm

I'd agree that XS Thirsties, Bimbles and Swaddlebees newborn and JR newborn nappies are the trimmest for us too, and Caitlin can wear those and still have her newborn clothes on. Oh those and newborn Mutts also work well :D

Then would be the XS Sandies

I think a Kissaluv sz0 is comparable to a S WNNL - it fits but isn't trim

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:06 pm

muslins and xs sandys with eenie snibs or xs rikkis 8-)

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:50 pm

I'd say swaddlebees ov, xs bamboo sandies and newborn fluff and stuff were the trimest we used on Poppy.

My avatar
victoriaw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby victoriaw » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:07 am

I used muslins on tiny baby as she was only 5.5 lbs and everything else swamped her! Also lollipop micros, tot bots were good. Muttaqins are v little too. And xs thirsties wraps on top.
For pockets, I love the Weenotions side snap small pocket - it's diddy.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat