Eco Sposies Help Needed

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Eco Sposies Help Needed

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:56 pm

Sorry this post is about sposies :oops: :oops: :oops:

What do eco sposies use to absorb? Do they use gel like normal sposies?
Findlay has to use cloth as he's allergic to the gel in Pampers, Huggies etc and comes out in the most atrocious nappy rash however he'll need sposies on whilst they do his operation and in the recovery room after so I was wondering if the eco sposies have a natural ingredient in them to absorb that he hopefully wouldn't react to?

Does anyone else have a baby that's allergic to disps? Can you recommend an eco sposie to me that your LO hasn't reacted to?

Thanks everyone xx

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Eco Sposies Help Needed

Postby indigosky2k » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:08 am

I have some in the cupboard that I'll check in the morning. And if you want and they'll fit him I could send you them FFP. I bought them when I ran out of nappies one day when my little miss did too many poos and I'd not took enough nappies out :roll: I only used a handful and they're too small for her now I think. Can't remember just off hand which size they are, but I can check all that in the morning.
Davina x

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:00 am

Looking at our nappies it says the stuff is corn based?not sure about reactions tho.would send you one to try but they'd be too big i think.
Nathan reacted to huggies but not these.we have the nature babies ones from boots in size 3 i think!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:08 am

Roxy has reactions to most disps but she no reactions to asdas eco baby ones, not sure what they are made of though will check pack later. Can send some for you to try but have a feeling that size 4 will be too big for Findlay as it is a bit big on Roxy.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:52 am

I've just cut open a Nature Babycare one and there's no gel stuff in there at all just cotton wool. It says the waterproof layer is corn based rather than oil based.
The ones I have are size 2's for up to 13lb. If they are any good let me know and I can send them to you, I've got 8 left x

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:00 pm

Thanks ever so much everyone for chopping nappies open and for the kind offers to post some. Glad to hear the Natures Babycare ones are just cotton wool, sounds like what we are after! Findlay is only in size 1 sposies bless him as he's not even 9lb and his weight is all his length.

I've got an unopened pack of Huggies newborn I got free with a Bounty pack so I'm tempted to take it into Boots and neglect to mention I got the nappies free and see if they'll swap them for a pack of eco ones and I just pay the difference between the two packs :twisted: The worst they can do is say no I guess!!

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:50 pm

Mine are Nature Babycare ones too but a size 3, so probably no use. They do start from 9lb though, so if you decide you want them when he's a bit bigger you're welcome. I think there's 32 of the 38 left.
Definately worth a try to take your Huggies back to Boots and see if they'll swap them :wink:

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Most of them do have gel but in smaller quantities (30% instead of 70% of the nappy). A lot of manufacturers don't admit to it on their packets though, so be careful.

Tushies don't, but their nappies are thicker.

Nature Babycare nappies DO CONTAIN GEL.

http://www.naty.com/uk/CustomerService/ ... that_mean_

Nature Babycare nappies claim to be based on biodegradable material. What exactly does that mean?
Nature Babycare nappies claim to be based on biodegradable material. What exactly does that mean?
At Nature Babycare we use renewable resources whenever possible, however our nappies are not 100% biodegradable.

The conventional plastic outer sheet has been replaced with a biodegradable material made from maize starch and cellulose fiber, both natural materials. This material, whilst being watertight, also allows the nappy to breath, resulting in an airier, dryer, cooler, and more comfortable nappy.

The outer breathable layer is based on GM-free maize starch, natural additives and biodegradable polyester which is 100% biodegradable in appropriate conditions.

The absorbing layer of a Nature Babycare nappy also consists of biodegradable chlorine free cellulose fluff pulp, blended with a small amount of super-absorbent granules which are necessary to enhance the absorbency of the nappy thereby reducing the number of nappy changes you will make.

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi, I think the only ones without gel are Tushies. Moltex and NatureBabies have less gel in than pampers and I think they put it in the core surrounded by other absorbancy stuff but the horrid stuff is still there and can leak.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat