hf1

Is she a heavy wetter?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Is she a heavy wetter?

Postby mabo » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:26 am

It seems to me that Caitlin is wetting her nappies quite quickly at the moment... anything she has had on the past week has been really quite wet all over within 2.5 hours?

She's been wearing a range of different nappies (bimbles, Sandies, SB's, Thirsties, Kissaluvs, JR's, LHC, WNNL) and whilst I am expecting the thinner cotton-only ones to not hold as much as the BV ones, the BV ones seem just as wet at change time...

So you think she is a heavy wetter?

Anna wasnt really, and I only started cloth when she was 8 months so I have nothing to compare Caitlin too... :-?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Re: Is she a heavy wetter?

Postby beck » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:36 am

Sounds like she may be. Do you have any extra boosters? Maybe between the nappy and wrap if they are to tight. Do you have the next size up, maybe give them ago. Probably be huge on her though! Also was just thinking have they been prewashed enough times they might just not be up to full absorbancy yet?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:44 am

I havent added any boosters yet, the nappies as they are are still pretty huge on her little bum :giggle:

And I think they should all be up to full absorbancy as they were all pre-loved - apart from the WNNL

Ah the fun of playing around with all the new fluff, am loving it though :mrgreen:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:01 am

:D awwwww cute! I remember everything being pretty drenched in the early days, certainly a lot wetter than what nappies ever were by 8 months. All they are having is milk so it makes sense really. I'd pop a little hemp booster in if you have any. Other wise made sure she is well covered with fleece so that she isnt' wet - as long as she is not leaking from her wrap it isn't really a problem!

My avatar
mammymade
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mammymade » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:26 am

yep agree with tory, hemp or bamboo booster in there and a lot of fleece, change her nappy every few hours so she doesnt get sore and just wait it out really :D

x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:23 am

we were changing every 2 hours in the early days and they were all soaked. I don't think that's unusual for a newborn from what I've read on nappy sites

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Lynni » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 am

Agree with the others I think it's a new baby thing, Fayes nappies were dripping when newborn and with not being well I stopped using cloth for a while as I couldn't keep up with the changes and washing. Definitely getting the 3-4 hrs now I had been reading about when looking into cloth

Hth xx (she is gorgeous by the way!)

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:21 am

awww beautiful baba :mrgreen: :babyroll:
Sounds normal to me, but then i have a heavy wetter myself! Charlotte is just over 6m and is on a mixed diet atm, about 75% bf, 25% formula, but once a day im trying different fruit & veg (obviously not eating much tho!). So she's basically on a liquid diet like your baby will be. She pees thru most of her OBV nappies in 1-1.5 hrs unless i put a hemp booster underneath too, in which case they'll last about 2-2.5hrs, using wool or fleece over the nappies. I suppose they'd get wetter a lot quicker if i used PUL!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:42 am

I had to change Jas almost every hour for the first couple of months due to the quantities of milk she was drinking, so I'd say pretty normal.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat