hf1

Cloth and night wakings?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Cloth and night wakings?

Postby charlibunny » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:33 pm

I never thought that cloth could be causing our night wakings but now i am not so sure...
she has ALWAYS been in cloth at night from birth, and never really slept through apart from random nights. Because of her health issues and random nighttime bottom explosions she has been in sposies at night and this has really helped clear up her leg sores because i could slather cream on. She has slept through 12+ hours every night.
Last night i put her in a UDNN for the 1st time and she was up from 2-5am screaming and feeding. when she got up for the day it was DRIPPING wet and her legs were sore.....

Tonight am going to put her back in a sposie to heal up her legs a bit then maybe experiment in cloth again tomorrow night??

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Cloth and night wakings?

Postby becky1978 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:37 pm

That is so weird, Archie is exactly the same, and I never even thought cloth could be the culprit!!

He wakes and feeds lots during the night (I'm not sure how he is as haven't put a sposie on him at night, so maybe it's not cloth at all :wink: ) but when I had to put him to bed with no nappy on the other week due to extreme rash soreness (that's a whole other story!) he slept right through.

Also the last couple fo nights I've taken to changin him when he wakes up crying, the nappy has been damp but not really wet wet iykwim, and as soon as I've changed it he has gone straight back to sleep.

Weird....

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:03 pm

TBH, much as I hate to say, I would continue using a sposie at night, so she has a peaceful night and to keep her frightful sores at bay. I don't think 1 sposie in the geand scheme of things matters at all. (((hugs))) for you both.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:22 pm

I would experiment again a few times over the next week or so, that way you may have a better indication of the likely cause? You could always try eco-sposies for night use (I use them at night so that I can get lots of cream on my LO) as these may be better than for your LO's skin than gel filled sposies. Hope her sore's get better :)

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Ty was similar I couldn't use cloth at nights on him at all and now Roxy is a tummy sleeper she seems to be the same. I agree with others 1 sposie a day is not bad and if it helps her sleep better and allows you to use cloth during day by keeping sores at bay all the better. :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Thanks all. We do use eco sposies at night only and they still leak because i bought size 4 and i think i should have gotten size 3 :x :x
Im just in denial becausei have some stunning puddlekins, flutterby and embroidered UDNN that i can't part with :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Plus i have atleast 6 lots of nighttime wool :oops: :oops:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:28 pm

I wouold carry on with the sposies as well, you can always put woolies over the top of them :wink: If it means she sleeps well and her sores heal then just do it. Gracie wore size 3's on holiday and in hospital xxx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:35 pm

I'd carry on with sposies too, Sz 4 are huge I think.

If your puddlekins is side snapping we may be abble to work out a swap for some new FFs,

Also you could swap your FFN with Sarah for her FF, would help you with your day fluff problems

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:34 pm

i would stick with a disposible at night too if it means that you can carry on using cloth in the day or maybe try cloth at night in a coupel of weeks but one sposie a day is alot less than most :hug:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat