hf1

How to get poo stains out of little lambs?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

How to get poo stains out of little lambs?

Postby emmalala » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:11 pm

what the title says! These 2 have the most mingingest bums ever right now, and its staining all my little lambs! I dare'nt put anything else on them yet. Thier poo is bright green and its even going through the liners :shock:
how can i get the stains out with no sun? and can i wash them at 90 degrees? And when will it end! :puke: :puke:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: How to get poo stains out of little lambs?

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:18 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: could you try a half dose of vanish in with your next wash? You might have to run an extra rinse with it though but it's usually pretty good at getting stains out. Hope they are feeling better soon

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:25 pm

I know you probably wont like this but I'm a real coward and revert to disposables when ever Charley gets diahorrea from teething. :oops: Just cant be doing with all the mess plus it means he doesnt get nappy rash and I dont have loads of extra washing. I've washed my Bambinex Bamboo at 90 before now as long as they are white/cream shouldn't hurt but high temps dont usually get rid of stains.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:32 pm

you could try soaking in bio overnight and then lots of rinses?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Charleyjoe wrote:I know you probably wont like this but I'm a real coward and revert to disposables when ever Charley gets diahorrea from teething. :oops: Just cant be doing with all the mess plus it means he doesnt get nappy rash and I dont have loads of extra washing. I've washed my Bambinex Bamboo at 90 before now as long as they are white/cream shouldn't hurt but high temps dont usually get rid of stains.

well i am usually the same but have run out of disps and can't get out of the house in case they explode again! gah, typical

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Put them on the washingline (damp) for 24hrs starting overnight - they'll get the maximum uv coverage that way even if it's cloudy that should help a little ...

You could try some vanish colour bleach (the pink liquid) and make sure you use it with a full dose of a bio washing detergent... (then another wash with nothing before it goes on lo's bum)

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:22 pm

I'd just hang in there and get them outside the moment the sun peeks out. Even if they're clean and dry at the time, just wet them a bit and plonk them outside! Annoying in the meantime (I hate stains!) but they will come out eventually. :wink:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat