hf1

Wish us luck!! Update pg 3 :'(:'(

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Wish us luck!! Update pg 3 :'(:'(

Postby becsom » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:48 pm

charlibunny wrote:But i have flutterbye fluffs and puddlekins and embroidered UDNN's..... WAAAAAAAHHHHH :x :x :x :x

I think I would find it very difficult to use sposies if i had these too :(

Maybe you could try having a break for a bit to see if it's just a phase of weeing so much at night?

The only other thing I could think of was using a barrier cream of some kind on her legs (I guess you might've already tried this though :wink: )

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:53 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: Hope you can find a solution so that you get to keep your lovely NNs. I remember someone having a problem with leg sores at night with their WNNNs. I think Suzanne made a cuddlesoft tube to put around the nappy so only cuddlesoft was touching the skin. It might be worth a try?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Louise wrote::hug: :hug: :hug: Hope you can find a solution so that you get to keep your lovely NNs. I remember someone having a problem with leg sores at night with their WNNNs. I think Suzanne made a cuddlesoft tube to put around the nappy so only cuddlesoft was touching the skin. It might be worth a try?
becsom wrote:
charlibunny wrote:But i have flutterbye fluffs and puddlekins and embroidered UDNN's..... WAAAAAAAHHHHH :x :x :x :x

I think I would find it very difficult to use sposies if i had these too :(

Maybe you could try having a break for a bit to see if it's just a phase of weeing so much at night?

The only other thing I could think of was using a barrier cream of some kind on her legs (I guess you might've already tried this though :wink: )

Its not the sores.. we seemed to have solved that with the HUGE fleece squares i made.. i think its the complete wetness after 3-4 hours waking her up!!!

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:17 pm

charlibunny wrote:Its not the sores.. we seemed to have solved that with the HUGE fleece squares i made.. i think its the complete wetness after 3-4 hours waking her up!!!

Ah yes, not sure what you can do to change that :-?

Maybe you need to have a serious talk with her and tell her she needs to stop weeing so much at night!!! :giggle: Nell currently seems to wee a lot less than she used to. Her WNNN are sometimes still dry-ish on the outside in the mornings now, whereas they used to be soaked through.

FC for you :hug:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:14 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Poor Sophie, and poor you! I hope you can hang onto your lovely nighttime fluff for a bit, as others have said it might just be a phase of super-heavy wetting at night... does she drink a lot before bed? Neither of mine wee much at night, not sure if it has anything to do with me never giving them big drinks of milk or whatever right before bed (though Lucas always used to :bf: to sleep and Lili still does most nights).

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:40 pm

I really dont normally post but had another thought. Not sure what your bed time routine is but is it poss to change whilst she is sleeping just before you go to bed if that makes sense. Charley goes to bed at 7ish and I go about 11ish so I could if I wanted nip into his room and change him without really waking him. It helps that he's a good sleeper and it would depend on what you use I only ever use a fitted with a MN wrap so really quite easy without disturbing him too much. I would also check how much she's drinking before bedtime.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:56 pm

Ok ive come up with some ideas (though you have probably tried these)

Try a minkee inner and outer NN (WNNN do them) so no wetness can rub/aggrivate the legs.

Use hemp fleece boosters (puddlekins ones seem the best imo) in the nappy and between nappy and wool (soaker is best for this) or fleece wrap. Not just down the middle but perhaps towards the leg holes too :) for full coverage

Check the nappy isnt too tight/loose (sorry thats a bit obvious but DP always does DDs too loose)

I imagine you put nappy on last thing before bed to minimise the amount of wee that goes into it, :-?

Hope that helped a little bit, we have a large WNNN new style all minkee but im guessing its going to be too big for Soph? You are welcome to try it if you like :)

:hug: :hug:

Sarah xxx

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:42 pm

Charleyjoe wrote:I really dont normally post but had another thought. Not sure what your bed time routine is but is it poss to change whilst she is sleeping just before you go to bed if that makes sense. Charley goes to bed at 7ish and I go about 11ish so I could if I wanted nip into his room and change him without really waking him. It helps that he's a good sleeper and it would depend on what you use I only ever use a fitted with a MN wrap so really quite easy without disturbing him too much. I would also check how much she's drinking before bedtime.
she is the type of child that once woken will not go back to sleep, she is a right little pickle!! I cannot use PUL wraps because of her severe eczema on the thighs.
Tonight we have tried a minky pocket!!! FC it works!!
happytails wrote:Ok ive come up with some ideas (though you have probably tried these)

Try a minkee inner and outer NN (WNNN do them) so no wetness can rub/aggrivate the legs.

Use hemp fleece boosters (puddlekins ones seem the best imo) in the nappy and between nappy and wool (soaker is best for this) or fleece wrap. Not just down the middle but perhaps towards the leg holes too :) for full coverage

Check the nappy isnt too tight/loose (sorry thats a bit obvious but DP always does DDs too loose)

I imagine you put nappy on last thing before bed to minimise the amount of wee that goes into it, :-?

Hope that helped a little bit, we have a large WNNN new style all minkee but im guessing its going to be too big for Soph? You are welcome to try it if you like :)

:hug: :hug:

Sarah xxx

Yes minkee inner and outer sounds good, i just dont have any funds ATM :evil: Athough i might try one of my minkee outer harmony nappies now Hanna has added extra snaps for me :)

a large would be huge i think, medium NL's fit on the tightest snaps, but thanks for the offer :hug:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:52 pm

charlibunny wrote:Yes minkee inner and outer sounds good, i just dont have any funds ATM :evil: Athough i might try one of my minkee outer harmony nappies now Hanna has added extra snaps for me :)

a large would be huge i think, medium NL's fit on the tightest snaps, but thanks for the offer :hug:

Hmmm, you could ask on the wanted section to borrow one in a medium :wink: im sure someone would be able to help you out :hug:

FC for a better night tonight xxx

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat