hf1

Shall i attempt cloth again

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Shall i attempt cloth again

Postby nic1 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Probably a daft question and Evie only in one nappy at night now but i feel so awful and guilty even using that one disp per night (still 30 per month) as they do stink and also the enviroment issues. Last time she was briefly in cloth she was sooo sore and got very blistery that i gave up in the end AGAIN!! When she was younger and in cloth full time we never had such bad blistering.

I have seen a nappy i like (well lots but would only get one to begin with) and debating whether to go for cloth again. I am not sure Evie is ready for night dryness as her nappies can still be quite full but at same time wouldn't spend much on the outlay this time as not going to be in them for that long hopefully!!

So shall i attempt it again or just accept that the blistering will probably return and just hope she does night dryness soon?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Shall i attempt cloth again

Postby Frances » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:21 pm

I can understand your dilemma. Have you tried minkee inners? Might be worth giving them a go. I've found WNNN to be fab, and they tend to retain a high resale value if Evie doesn't get on with them.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:48 pm

I would try again if you really want to...my problem now is that megan doesnt like bulky cloth nappies on or I would switch her back to cloth aswell...but its such a battle with her that I have decided not too...

I echo what Frances said about the wnnn, they are fab! :mrgreen:

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:05 pm

I am just in the midst of putting Niamh over to cloth overnight as she too only needs one nappy a night and I hate the waste when I know at least Aoife will use the ones I buy for Niamh now when she is older

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Yes if thats what you want. I highly reccomend a fleece/minkee liner thats waaay too big and so hangs out the sides alot. this has stopped sohies sores :)

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Can you pick up one preloved to have a go with so you arent out the cash if it doesnt work out?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:13 pm

I would give it a go. Ryan can't wear fitteds and wool anymore as he gets sores on his legs. We use Standard Minki pockets. I'd either try a pocket or get a minkee inner and outer WNNN so there isn't any wetness against Evie's skin.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks guys, may well either get a preloved or pick up new minkee inner/minkee outer. Would i be best using a minkee liner too if i do get one?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:41 pm

I *think* i used some minkee liners from PK if i remember rightly in the last attempt at cloth at night and the sores were still there so undecided what to do at this point.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat