hf1

Did you use cloth nappies from birth?

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:55 pm

i used them from both with both of mine. Now age three and 1. I used motherease sandys xs and kissaluvs size 0 with no problems.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:04 pm

we used cloth with rhys from day 3, only because the hospital list of what to bring said dispos. wont listen next time tho. dont see the problem if eoin were to take them home each night there should be no issue.
we had about a 3 week stint in dispos at about 6 weeks as rhys had casts on both legs and cloth wouldn't fit between them.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Chell wrote:I've been looking at the Tots Bots Fluffle, they say they are suitable for tiny babies. Anyone used these?

Not my favourite newborn nappy but I did use them on Zac from birth. Mainly at night or home when he just wore babygrows. I like them, especially the nippa ones they fit well and look so cute but are as everyone says a tad bulky.

My avatar
Chell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Chell » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:44 pm

Charliemum wrote:I wouldn't go for a fluffle - they are extremely bulky. There is a terrific newborn nappy review that Annette did in the review section, worth taking a look for some ideas.

Just trying to find it now.

I think it is the fact that they dry quickly appealed to me about the Fluffles.

The Motherease have poppers, is this as good as an nappi nippa as surely that makes them more adjustable to the babies size than fixed poppers IYSWIM.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:52 pm

Chell wrote:The Motherease have poppers, is this as good as an nappi nippa as surely that makes them more adjustable to the babies size than fixed poppers IYSWIM.

I am quite able to use nippas, but have found grandparents, my partner and the childminders prefer poppers to nippas, and prefer velcro to poppers. So if you want other people to help you do the changing I would get a few different types of fixings.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:56 pm

Yeah I agree - nippas give a much more adjustable fit but other carers may be firghtened off by them. In the beginning we only had Motherease Onesize which popper and Mark was fine with those but he always reached (in fact still does reach) first for the velcro wraps as he found them easier and faster. He would not go near a nippa if he can help it.

Fluffles do dry incredibly fast but I would recommend only getting a couple as they are just too bulky to fit under many clothes!

My avatar
Chell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Chell » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:24 pm

The bulkiness def puts me off, I'll give them a miss.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I just asked DH about us using cloth, he wasn't impressed. According to him it is too much work and not as good for the baby! :? ATEOTD I will decide though, I wear the trousers. :lol:

My avatar
soni
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby soni » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:36 pm

It's funny how it sneaks up on you isn't it CP?! :D

I thought the fluffles bulky too. I loved the fuzzi bunz as a newborn nappy, I was given 6 pre-loved ones and they were a godsend as I'd only come across kushies before that...it was the fuzzis that set me to explore the web for more.

Jenna wore cloth from day one and to be honest I haven't found it any trouble at all though fleece liners are worth while for the first few weeks untill things settle down.

I'm not sure what our hospitals policy is on cloth bums as J was born at home.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:53 am

Chell wrote:The bulkiness def puts me off, I'll give them a miss.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I just asked DH about us using cloth, he wasn't impressed. According to him it is too much work and not as good for the baby! :? ATEOTD I will decide though, I wear the trousers. :lol:

ben had 1 fluffle and won the compition on here for biggest night bum -they are massive and more massive ontop of that - will try it again when we can use fleece lined nappies. photo of it would be way down in the photo album - i'll see if i can find a link.

dh's can be persuaded otherwise, mine learnt how to use a nippa within hours, never mastered folding squares, but did and does the nappies i allow him to do, washed, dried etc our whole stash while we were in hosp and that was while i was preg said we would use disps in hosp until i told him otherwise a few times each month:wink:

we would be spending at least £10 a week on disps, wipes etc, so i could buy a beautiful brand new cloth nappy each week if i wanted on the money saved oh and what is a poo stain on clothes - i have never experienced one of those but seen plenty in changing rooms :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat