Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:09 pm

My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sjb2711 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:00 pm

No :( :( . 1 month of dispoables with Jacob - a newbie and all that. 2 weeks with Joseph - would have been less but I asked my Mum to buy a small pack of disposables (to last a couple of days) and she came back with 2 huge ones - because they were on offer!! :oops: Ah well, maybe not as good as those of you who started from the off but 3 years and 8 months later, I don't think we've done too badly :?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:13 pm

sjb2711 wrote:No :( :( . 1 month of dispoables with Jacob - a newbie and all that. 2 weeks with Joseph - would have been less but I asked my Mum to buy a small pack of disposables (to last a couple of days) and she came back with 2 huge ones - because they were on offer!! :oops: Ah well, maybe not as good as those of you who started from the off but 3 years and 8 months later, I don't think we've done too badly :?

My mum brought me disposables too when I was pg with Harry. i'd already bought some for the first week or two, so not sure why she did!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:16 pm

Chell wrote:I just asked DH about us using cloth, he wasn't impressed. According to him it is too much work and not as good for the baby! :?

Not as good for the baby?! What on earth is he basing that on!?!?!? :)

Chell wrote:ATEOTD I will decide though, I wear the trousers. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:36 pm

Mr CP voted for nippa's when the great shopathon came about. He's much more practical in many ways than I am though so I should not be suprised. I guess we will have to see with use.

I have a packet of despics in the house already. I want with all my heart to use cloth asap but its a contingency plan in case they are tiny/ poorly. I hope I can freecycle them unused but realistically I would have thought making the compromise that gets you through the early days of parenting a new baby as smoothly as possible is your best bet. I rekon anyone who has a cloth bummed baby or has done their best to cloth bum theirs should be proud to have done their bit. A few weeks/months in despics seems entirely understandable if that's what it takes.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:38 pm

Wise words hun!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:47 am

here, here!!!!

jan x

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:51 am

Agree fully CP. When needs must and all that. We used them for a while when we had no choice.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:08 am

Yes CP agree fully, when needs must any nappy is needed :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat