hf1

Did you use cloth nappies from birth?

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Didn't start until Erin was 9-10 months old.

I will definitely use them from birth for the next one (I am sooo broody I wish it was now lol)

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:24 am

Yep we've used cloth with William with the odd disp until our big order arrives. We used them in hospital and they were fine with it I really dont think they cared at all :)

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:59 am

I haven't even asked to be honest. If we are in charge of nappy changes I don't see that they can complain, its not like we'll be expecting them to wash them or anything! Our local trust has a new recycling policy (about time, shocking the way we use resources in hospitals). I think if you gently point out it costs them money to incinerate your despicables but doesn't cost them a penny to let you take your cloth home to wash, they would have to concede its better to cloth bum a full term healthy baby. I don't want to have this argument though so will just turn up with our stash and see. Its in my birth plan and no-one has been bothered, but then no-one seems to read those things anyway!

Thinking ahead for us, if they have to be in SCBU for any reason I accept that we might not be in charge of all nappy changes or that there might be good reasons to be nappy free or despicabled up ie minimal distubance.

He he, lets see how it all works out, I've been so set on cloth asap for so long, things are bound to get complicated :roll: :lol: :shock:

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:02 am

:shock: oh my ***, I just looked at my ticker and it occurred to me that we are going to be having not one but two babies very soon :shock:

Why has it taken one conversation with the postwoman, one with the man who came to read the gas meter and this thread for it to finally dawn this morning?

:shock:

How can I persuade my brain its actually happening?

My avatar
Chell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Chell » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:51 am

Are they your first babies?

My avatar
Chell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Chell » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:54 am

I've been looking at the Tots Bots Fluffle, they say they are suitable for tiny babies. Anyone used these?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:56 am

I wouldn't go for a fluffle - they are extremely bulky. There is a terrific newborn nappy review that Annette did in the review section, worth taking a look for some ideas.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:25 pm

Chell wrote:I've been looking at the Tots Bots Fluffle, they say they are suitable for tiny babies. Anyone used these?

They are really fast to dry, but they are really bulky. I wouldn't want to see one on a new born.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:45 pm

Yes, first babies, hence total panic I think... :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat