hf1

Council Incentives to use cloth

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:10 pm

SarahD wrote:I think training MW and HV would be a good idea. Before Ted was born, I initially thought about cloth.

My MW told me not to bother, as they were hard work, and disposables were environmentally friendly nowadays anyway :roll:

Can't believe there are people that seriously believe this. I think that the HV's and MV's should be told about cloth and other alternative baby practices (such as BLW) in order to be well rounded and able to encourage (mostly) mothers with their decisions.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:31 pm

N0thing in Tameside either. The c0uncils website is pretty g00d and has a few links 0n there but I kn0w n0-0ne l0cally that uses cl0th. I d0 sh0w 0ff my nappies t0 any0ne wh0 will l00k th0ugh :D

I think c0uncils sh0uld als0 realise that if h0useh0lds use cl0th they are enc0uraged t0 recycle in 0ther ways. Shamefully I didn't recycle anything except putting the 0dd paper in the blue bin but n0w I recycle as much as I can and that means trips t0 the tip f0r us. I just need t0 get better at the c0mp0st bin.

Anyway. I think educati0n is the way t0 g0. Pe0ple here w0uldn't even think 0f cl0th nappies and 0f c0urse, with0ut internet access there isn't a way t0 research 0r buy g00d nappies.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:37 pm

jules070603 wrote: I just need t0 get better at the c0mp0st bin.

I've just ordered a bokashi composting system, to make it more idiot proof - or in other words, give David no excuse not to compost.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat