hf1

Council Incentives to use cloth

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:57 pm

I think our scheme was discontinued :roll: I guess they have magically solved the landfill issues in Oxfordshire then....

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:11 pm

It's crackers isn't it......councils complain about all this landfill but most don't offer any/or minimal incentives for others to use cloth.....madness!! :x :roll: :roll:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:20 pm

Lancashire do a fab incentive!

up to £70 cash for you to spend on cloth nappies!

Cheshire do £25 and although my postal address is Cheshire I don't qualify! :shock:

jan x

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:28 pm

Nappyjan wrote:Lancashire do a fab incentive!

up to £70 cash for you to spend on cloth nappies!

Cheshire do £25 and although my postal address is Cheshire I don't qualify! :shock:

jan x

It's mad isn't it. I come under a council called Kirklees yet have a Wakefield postcode and Wakefield typically have an incentive scheme whereas my council don't. SODS LAW!!! :roll: :x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:57 pm

I have been campaigning Stockport council for months to start an incentive scheme - just keep getting "sorry we have no money" :roll:

They seemed keen on my nappy library idea, especially as it would only mean a one-off requirement of a few hundred pounds but still no sign of the dosh :roll: :roll:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:06 pm

Nothing here anymore - they did have a scheme where you got 6 bambino mio prefolds and a rikki wrap, but once that went there was nothing. Luckily after lots of badgering over a year ago I managed to qualify for 2 childminded children but they are not the best nappies but get loads of use now as mats under Ben's bum on mat and naked time! but once it ran out that was it.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Manchester do NOTHING!!! :shock:

They used to do the stupid prefold laundry service - free for a few months, and that was enough to persuade two of my eco-friendly friends that they were never going to use cloth (until they met me and one is half persuaded now!) - as they had to use paper liners and their LO got the most horrendous nappy rash...

But apparently the money ran out and they won't be replacing that with anything...

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:24 pm

Wow I now feel lucky for the £30 cash back I got :D

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:11 am

We get £30 cash back as long as you start before they are under 18 mths