hf1

Reusable wipes...

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Reusable wipes...

Postby evansmummy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Its quite quiet in the the wipe forum so thought id ask here as i want to order tonight :giggle:

The small monkey foot wetbags - are they air tight, so if i put reusable wipes in there with a mixture on them theyl stay moist til i use them up?

Thanx :mrgreen:

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Reusable wipes...

Postby Vicki » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:15 pm

noooooooo - do not fill the bag with solution! You do need to wring them out first. although the bag is waterproof the zip is not (obviously) so will leak/wick if you put solution in. The egdes inside are sealed so no stitching to wick out of around the edges.

Haven't found a way to make zips waterproof yet! We have double wet bags coming soon - a dry and a wet side :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:18 pm

They will stay wet - but wouldn't leave wipes in them for more than a day - need to be emptied out or could get damp esp if squished.

I have never had any problems at all with mine but having now sold about 1000 of them, I do get feedback and think should be passed on to other customers.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:19 pm

:giggle: didnt word that well did i....i would of put the solution on before then wrung them out and then put them into the bag :giggle: just wondering if theyd stay moist for a couple days like that or am i better of getting a spary to take with me :giggle:

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:35 pm

I would put fresh ones in each day if have solution on but if just water then fine.

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:36 pm

get a spray to take with you - they'd only last so long if they were damp before there was bacterial growth

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:41 pm

jan3182001 wrote:get a spray to take with you - they'd only last so long if they were damp before there was bacterial growth

WSS. I take dry wipes and either wet them with water if there's a tap where I'm changing Katie's nappy or use a foaming wipes solution, usually Northern Essence. I like the sound of this one too so might try that when the bottle I have runs out.

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Northern essence does seem to be a favourite. I'm not a spray person but everyone likes that one.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat