hf1

large DnF??

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

large DnF??

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:26 am

I have 2 (well the second is due to arrive any day...) medium DnF's but im finding them REALLY low in the rise on kieren the last few times he has worn one?? Im assuming the large is better in the rise but im thinking its going to be too big everywhere else?? :( he constantly has a builders bum :(

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: large DnF??

Postby Louise » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:43 am

Looking at the sizing guide a large knit outer would probably be too big, a large woven outer might be ok though??

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:39 am

Im having the same problem, the mediums seem so low on him :(

Do you add any boosting to yours at all, mine seem wet through after an hour, with a GK booster i can stretch it slightly, hes not a heavy wetter at all and had heard good things about these :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:42 am

Katie is quite a heavy wetter and we don't need to add any boosting to ours. For the first few washes I did need to change slightly more often but they are our best performing nappies atm. I fold the soakers so that there are a lot of layers in her wet zone and we usually get just under 3 hours out of them compared to 2 - 2.5 out of all our other (boosted) fitteds.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:46 am

Nathan's quite a heavy wetter and we get 3hours easily and 5 boosted on long car journeys.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:48 am

Il try folding then and see if that makes any difference, there lovely nappies and i WILL make them work for us :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:54 am

Yeah i can easily get 3-4 hrs unboosted out of mine hence why i want to sort out the problem...

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:06 am

can u nippa them? or would that ruin the outer?

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:29 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:can u nippa them? or would that ruin the outer?

They're SS.
There does seem to be a lot of overlap in measurements from M to L, so it might be worth trying for the bigger rise unless he's at the very small end of the M for thighs or waist (which is where I think leaks would happen?)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat