Should this happen? Dyed a OBV WNNL

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Should this happen? Dyed a OBV WNNL

Postby clairelana » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:08 pm

Not sure where to put this :-?

I got a WNNL with bamboo velour outer. I didn't use it when it came as I wanted to dye it.
I dyed it and it looks great but the OBV doesn't seem right.
Image Image

Its seems to have bobbled well not right word but not sure whats happened to it. This has never happened to any of my other nappies or any of the OBV fabric I have dyed. :-?
What do I do?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Should this happen? Dyed a OBV WNNL

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:28 pm

Did you tumble-dry it? It's happened to a few I've tumble tried - they were fine the next wash so perhaps just stick it through the wash again...

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:33 pm

The only time I've had that happen was when I've dyed something, it's come out too pale and I've dyed it again having done all the washes it's need to rinse off. Came out the same (all 1.5 metres). Think too much wear in my case from the soda ash and washes. I'd try washing it again and see what happens. I didn't do anything with it yet. I have 1.5 metres of seconds to use up at some point for when I'm sewing initial samples up to get my patterns exact. I could shove it in the wash again and see what happens.

Nice colours btw. I have a HL a bit like that and I love it.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Thanx ladies. I'll give it a few more washes see how it goes. Its fine to use just annoying.
Yes I do tumble dry too :oops:

x

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:04 pm

I've got one like this too :-? It's very weird because i've got lots of OBV WNNL and this is the only one that has gone all bobbled not sure why either because i have never tumble dried it or dyed it :-? :(

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:58 pm

I've got a HO nappy thats done the same, tho not as bad - only a few what looks like loose threads really. I put it down to different fabrics used as i treat it in the same way as my HL BOV nappies and never had it happen to them.

I have occasionally tumbled it whilst we've had lots of building work going on but i dunno if thats the reason or not.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:32 pm

A few of my WNNL have done this too :(

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:40 pm

hmm almost looks like its all snagged, remember that velour was once like a knit towelling .. with lots and lots of loops, they shave the top off just like topping a field for hay, to get velour. Its almost like some of those *loops* have been pulled, which is why they are longer than all the other *loops*

very annoying!!!

Emmax

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:00 pm

One of my BV outer WNNN went like this; have you put it in the dryer with some aplix?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat