hf1

Soy? about absorbancy?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Soy? about absorbancy?

Postby megansmummy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:42 am

I bought a new soy UDNN and pre-washed it once and then boosted it, it didnt leak but it was SUPER wet on the outside, much wetter than my unboosted WNNN's are after the same time...does soy get more absorbant the more you wash it, like bamboo and hemp??

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Soy? about absorbancy?

Postby clairelana » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:02 am

I'm not sure if it gets more absorbant the more you wash it.
I find If I use soy I have to boost, but then again we have to boost everything. :roll:

Sorry not much help.

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:08 am

Recently I have found I've had to boost my soy UDNN too... it has been soaking right through :-? It never used to be that bad, but IMO it's definitely not as absorbent as the likes of my WNNN and FF's

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:11 am

Oh and I'm not sure about if it gets more absorbent after washes either... :? I assume it does... sorry, not much help am I?!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:22 am

we didn't find the soy nn all that good tbh, it was soaked each night it concerned me him being sat in it all night, we have a soy insert in our custom pocket i think, but i do boost with 2 hemp boosters too which seems to work ok, our wnnn are def the most absorbant, followed by our bedbugs

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:47 am

I didn't find it very good either and sold it on, Gracie was a much lighter wetter then as well :(

My avatar
Jamling
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Jamling » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:07 am

I didn't really think the soy was very absorbent at all I stick with bamboo and hemp now.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:12 am

hmmm what i was fearing...I have listed it on the sale board but there isnt much interest :( poo, i should have just stuck with another wnnn :(

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:12 am

The soy does need a few pre washes just like hemp or bamboo.

When my dd was in nappies, I did find the soy more absorbent than the hemp night nappies and other types of night nappies I had (didn't have any bamboo).

I think like all cloth nappy things, different styles and fabrics suit different babies. As they grow their "habits" will change too so what was a good night nappy before wont necessarily remain a good one and vice versa :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat