hf1

Soy? about absorbancy?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Soy? about absorbancy?

Postby megansmummy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:33 am

angelsquidge wrote:I think like all cloth nappy things, different styles and fabrics suit different babies. As they grow their "habits" will change too so what was a good night nappy before wont necessarily remain a good one and vice versa :)

Absolutly, i couldnt agree more...i love goodmamas, they are our fav nappies and yet some people hate them :wink: different babies deffinatly suit different nappies :wink:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:04 pm

I think when Soy is wet it is much more obvious than with OBV etc as the colour is darker and it does 'feel' wetter but we havent had a leak or any problems with them.

We have a soy fitted and a bamboo fitted (both UD) and the Soy always feels wetter than the bamboo but again never leaks or is wringing wet

hth x

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:11 pm

hmmm, isnt it strange how everyone seems to recommend them, and then when it comes to a problem like this everyone pipes up! :-? :roll:
Ive just received a new UDNN too Tory, and i'd say its on a par absorbency-wise to a GM. But i can get more boosters in the UD, so in a way is better for night time. Ive used it twice so far. (no prewash :giggle: ) First time really was very wet, but she had been in it 14hrs lol. That time there were the 2 soy inserts, an EP hemp underneath, and a PD on top, and fleece liner. Well set for the night lol
Second time (lastnight) she had the 2 soy inserts and an EP underneath, and fleece liner. It was wet this morning but not madly wet like the other morning. She'd been in it about 11 hrs.
Must say its a very good fit on her skinny little legs :giggle:
Im hoping it does get more absorbent, as I did only buy it because of previous recommendations on here.....

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat