hf1

Peeing rivers

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Peeing rivers

Postby Pinchette » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:54 am

Kiara went to bed with a bimble stuffed with 2 mf cloths and 2 layers of bamboo + another mf cloth and 3 layers of hemp and this morning it was drenched. Luckily wn wrap kept it all in.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How much boosting do you use at night?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:59 am

Isabelle seems to have phases where she'll out-wee ANYTHING yet this morning her nappy was practially dry - mildly damp but that was it! Weird!

Our night nappies are huggles or bambeasies - both are stuffed these days with an easypeasy hemp booster (six layers of hemp jersey) - and if she's drunk a lot then I'll stick a 3layer bamboo booster in too... That usually does the trick...

I find microfibre isn't any good for us overnight - it gets squishy!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:14 am

We use 6 layers of hemp or bamboo and 2 mf inserts as well -thats usually saturated by morning too.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:46 am

This morning Kayleigh had a bit of wee coming thru onto her pj's she had a standard minki with a microfibre cloth on top of a HH hemp stuffins (with oval) + a easy peasy hemp jersy booster (they were all soaking). And then there are other days where it looks like I have gone overboard with stuffing.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:50 am

When did you all have to start boosting night nappies? Is it something that some babies just need from the start because they pee a lot or do they grow into it as they get bigger?

CP + Beans

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:19 am

Kayleigh didn't need boosting until she was about 10 months, and then only with an extra cotton booster. Then at about a year, we were needing hemp. However Kayleigh was never a power weer like some of the others on this board.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:41 pm

I use 2 40x40 bamboo terries to stuff our minkis overnight and that is more than enough!

I don't have to boost nappies yet! so can get along just fine with the bamboozles/bambeasies just as they are!

Don;t much care for microfibre at all though to be honest! or hemp! def a bamboo household! all my nappies are bamboo, so are all my boosters and terries and most of my pocket inserts are bamboo too with a few microfibre at the bottom of the basket!

jan x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:45 pm

I have known Charlotte to out-wee a hemp and terry stuffie with it's own hemp boosters, 2 easy peasy hemp boosters and a microfibre cloth :shock: It really does amaze me how much she can wee at night. Especially as she isn't a heavy wetter in the day.

This has been a new thing - probably since she was about 16 months. Before that I did boost but just not so much.h

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:51 pm

It is amazing how different all babies are in the weeing department!

I hope these guys are not power wee'ers from day 1 as I have no boosters at all. Will wait and see.

Thank you.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat